Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Articles, links and helpful information. This forum is open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tubal Ligation Syndrome

Tubal Ligation Syndrome 20 Mar 2014 12:53 #9897

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I had never heard of this until a very nice woman started following me on Twitter. She is recovering from this doctor error syndrome which happens when blood vessels are mistakenly damaged during tubal ligation or having your tubes 'snipped' or tied.

I found this interesting website dedicated to this syndrome with a list of problems caused by the atrophy of the ovaries, which throws a young woman into menopause.

visit: tubal.org/symptoms_of_pts.htm They also sell a book for more info:

Post tubal ligation syndrome (PTLS or PTS) is an an iatrogenesis condition meaning doctor-caused or doctor produced. Many women suffer post tubal ligation syndrome after having a tubal ligation.

Below is a list of symptoms that are associated with post tubal ligation syndrome.

Post tubal ligation syndrome is often the result of a rapid decline of estrogen/progesterone hormone levels caused by the blood supply being damaged to the ovaries during the TL surgery. Depending on the damage to the veins and capillaries, blood volume to the ovaries may slightly decrease or can be eliminated completely which is called isolated ovarian syndrome (common with hysterectomy operations). Many of the symptoms of PTS are associated with menopause, hormone shock, or of having an estrogen/progesterone imbalance.

Other symptoms, such has heavy painful periods may be caused by a hormonal imbalance, could be caused by adenomyosis (bought on by uterus muscle and tissue being damaged, effected by the TL surgery impairing the blood supply to areas of that organ/muscle) or a combination of both. Pain also can be caused by retro bleeding backing into the sealed fallopian tubes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you
Last edit: by Debra.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds