Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Articles, links and helpful information. This forum is open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder 08 Jan 2010 02:27 #827

• ak
  • ak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi.
Ok.... I have a hugely different outlook now that I have been diagnosed with Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder with mixed states http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_state_(psychiatry) .
Still am happily gluten/dairy/soy free, just want to note that if anyone is experiencing really bad mental-pmdd symptoms that persist after using the diet, for two weeks before yr period and then after it (!) please get checked out for Bipolar. I never knew there was more than one kind of Manic Depression, but indeed there are several, and I have been suffering needlessly due to my ignorance of this fact.
so please, if you have severe rage and are sobbing for days at ovulation time, or have other horrible mental symptoms outside the usual luteal phase, ask yr Dr about this possibility. I'm so glad to get off that SSRI, though I am on other meds now... but it's ok, I have to be.
(I thought all the extra time I spent being symptomatic meant perimenopause) Anyway, now all my puzzle pieces finally fit, and thanks, take care, happy new year, be well.
Ak
do a search for "burgess pms bipolar" and under google books, see P 186

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds