Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alternative to Soy milk?

Alternative to Soy milk? 20 Apr 2006 20:59 #3312

• indigostar
  • indigostar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've tried it, and tried it, but i just dont think i'm ever gonna be able to bear it!

I dont find Rice Milk quite as bad, would that be ok? or could i just use skimmed organic milk?

Do you think i'd 'grow' to like it?

I can handle Tofu (especially smoked), and possibly soy beans to, but the milk... bleurgh!!

Help? :D

Alternative to Soy milk? 20 Apr 2006 23:37 #3313

• indigostar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
:D HA :D

You poor thing, you don't have Silk brand Soy Milk in the UK do you? I doubt it. We have a great tasting soy milk here that's a little on the sweet side and doesn't have that soy after taste making very yummy. There's a vanilla flavored variety too that I really like, try adding a drop of vanilla extract to it.

You can drink organic cow's milk too (as long as it doesn't cause you gas or bloat) Rice milk is fine too. You could also mix the soy milk with skim cows milk in a 50-50 blend.

The main thing is getting away from the animal saturated fats, the growth hormones and antibiotic residues.

Hope that helps a little

Alternative to Soy milk? 21 Apr 2006 11:03 #3314

• indigostar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Debra,

I remember trying a vanilla rice milk before, that was nice, i'll look out for soy with vanilla, but i'm pretty sure we dont have the Silk brand.

I'll try mixing it, it is the after taste mainly. I tried a chocolate soy milk last night, i know there is some sugar in it, but i was desperate for something sweet. That was actually really nice, and although there was an after taste, it wasn't as bad...

Thanks for the advice, i'm going to go on the hunt for some decent tasting milk, it's mainly to have with cereal, as i've stopped drinking tea and coffee now. I even made my scrambled eggs last night with soy milk, and that was ok. I just cant drink it plain!!

Cat x

Alternative to Soy milk? 21 Apr 2006 13:05 #3315

• indigostar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Cat,

I wouldn't go cold turkey on the coffee or tea, unless you want to go through a horrible caffeine withdrawal- headaches that can turn into migraines, nausea and dizziness.

Just cut back to no more than 16oz, two cups or a little over 500ml altogether.

Alternative to Soy milk? 22 Apr 2006 07:10 #3316

• indigostar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Oh well!!

Been caffeine free for 4 days!! I didnt drink much coffee, but i would have probably 4 cups of tea a day, with milk and 2 sugars, sometimes a coffee in place of a tea.

The headaches have been bad, but i've just kept drinking the water and herbal teas. I have a detox one that is just SO lovely :D

Didnt really know that i should just cut down rather than cut out! but anyway, it's ok and i do feel better! Physically anyway....

Alternative to Soy milk? 22 Apr 2006 12:17 #3317

• indigostar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Cat,

Good for you for going off caffeine completely. A tip about caffeine, it's in more food and beverages than you may realize. Caffeine can also be found in chocolate, coco, colas regular or diet, cold medications, aspirin (yes-read the label), green teas.

Some people have a sensitivity to caffeine. If you're one of those people who can't sleep or still feels jittery after drinking or eating it up to 12 hours afterwards, you may want to wean yourself off. Women with high anxiety or panic attacks should also avoid large quantities of caffeine.

Others can metabolize caffeine more rapidly so may not experience the side effects. Tea does have less caffeine then coffee, but it all depends on the brewing tea time, the longer you steep the tea bag the more caffeine is released from the leaves. Coffee varies in how strong you brew it. The stronger you brew it or the more grounds you use, the more caffeine.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds