Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shrimp or No shrimp during days 15-28

Shrimp or No shrimp during days 15-28 06 May 2006 13:28 #3337

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi!

I just started the cycle diet and received my workbook...a little confused about shrimp...some areas in the book is states okay to eat shrimp during the Luteal phase and others say no.

Let me know...

Thanks!
Phyllis

Desperately hoping this diet will help, I suffer from PMDD and have to do something. I really do not want to take medz!!

Shrimp or No shrimp during days 15-28 06 May 2006 13:42 #3338

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Phyllis,

I understand the confusion and thanks for a great question, [b:29466ddde8]yes[/b:29466ddde8] you can eat shrimp in the luteal phase, however saying that you want to make sure it doesn't contain any preservatives if you're using canned or frozen shrimp. Fried battered shrimp is what's not allowed --the kind you find at restaurants and fast food places.

If it's fresh frozen Gulf shrimp, like you are able to purchase at your seafood counter, or sometimes sold from the back of a truck on a busy street corner in the south-- should be just fine. If it's cooked frozen it's still probably OK, but again check for additives (sorry for the redundancy) Case in point: some frozen shrimp contain sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP) as a ?processing aid?, not requiring labeling disclosure by FDA (Food and Drug Administration). You may also like to soak or rinse shrimp to remove excess sodium--contained naturally or added by the processor.

There is also widespread use of sodium bisulfite as a preservative, and antibiotics in the feed of farmed shrimp from the Orient.

One last note to think about: Are you salt sensitive?

If you have water retention and bloating, you may want to monitor how much water you retain a couple hours later after you've eaten it. If your hands swell then you may want to switch to fresh shrimp and be sure and ask your grocer if STPP or bisulfites are added.

I'm so happy you've decided to give the Cycle Diet a try, please be a little patient since these healthy lifestyle changes do take a few weeks to notice a difference and remember once you discover the problem you'll forever be released from riding the emotional roller coaster of PMDD. This can take up to three months, but beats the harmful effects of drug withdrawal.

And PLEASE ask as many questions as you want in order to stay with it. I know how difficult making changes can be. As you read through the support board you will notice many who do extremely well while others struggle.

Achieving small success is very motivating in itself.

Shrimp or No shrimp during days 15-28 07 May 2006 13:48 #3339

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thanks!

Wow, never new all that about shrimp....I'm on day 15 so, I'm really giving a try.

Thanks again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds