Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC??

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 28 Jun 2006 20:14 #3381

• ljws
  • ljws's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm back.
Well, my DH said he is ready, so he is getting a Vas. and I am going off BC. I have only been off of them for about 4 out of the last 24 years. While preparing for both of my kids, and for a short time after each. I'm worried and concerned about how my body will go back to normal, and even what "Normal" is for me. Is there any variation of the Cycle Diet that will better help prepare me for my venture? I also fear menopause is just around the corner ( being 39 now) - I hope to be "Normal" before then, so that I can recognize "Not-normal".

I have to be honest, I'm nervous and scared, and have dropped on and off the cycle diet a few times. I'm not sure why I don't stay on it when I see great benefits from it, but it took me many years to quit smoking, and I finally did that - I guess timing is everything.

Anyway - I think I'm ready to start over, and want to make sure I do whatever will help BC withdrawal.

Thanks for any help and Advice. Also - thanks to Jen for some great links and support.

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 28 Jun 2006 21:21 #3382

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Lynn,

You ask such an interesting question, the Cycle Diet was developed for those women with naturally fluctuating hormones so welcome to my world. While you're on the pill your body is in a non-natural state of the luteal phase. Do you see the pink curve under the Cycle Diet logo? It actually represents the Estrogen cycle from day 1 to day 27 with a complete drop back to day 1. (It also looks like the shape of a woman, a coincidence not really intended) But anyway if you took that line and straightened it out flat--that's what estrogen looks like while on the pill, with a rather dramatic drop at day 28 so you can start your period again.

You might get your workbook out again and re-read it and print off the charting forms to keep track of your cycle again.

Tell me why you're going off the pill again, I'm sorry if you told me, I'm also going through perimenopause and my short term memory is getting pretty bad. Yikes! Oh- other meds? was that it?

Just follow the diet plan as it is, with your own variations for food preferences of course.

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 28 Jun 2006 23:09 #3383

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hey there Deb! Going off the BC mainly because I've been on it sooooo long, and I think that some of the symptoms I've been feeling, and am now treating with Welbutrin and Straterra, may have been induced by the bc pill, but I can't know for sure, unless I go off of them. Besides, now that the DH feels "ready" for the big step, this gives me the best excuse, right?

Besides, I'd like to know what my "normal" really is. I will have to re-read and track more carefully than before, because I have NO idea what to expect. Thanks for being there - again.

This is all planned to start in about a month and a half. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,
~Lynn

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 14:53 #3384

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Update: I HAD planned to do all of this in the next month and a half when my pills ran out, but I got my period last night because I had been really sick the past few days with an Upper GI problem, and so I havent eaten or taken ANY of my meds, including the BC Pills.

Now, I don't know how to count the phases, because I don't think this would be considered my actual period because it was only induced because I didnt take the pill??? Or would it? Geesh - I have no idea where to start now.

Help?

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 15:07 #3385

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I'm sorry to hear you were sick (upper GI problems??Hummmm, how long have you had this?)

To answer your question--I would start charting your cycle again the day you got your period using day 1, regardless of falling off the pill unless your going to use the remaining pills.

Hope that's not too confusing.

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 15:10 #3386

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Since Monday on the GI thing - much better today. I'm actually HUNGRY today. My sister-in-law, the nurse, says it's been going around our area.

So, just to clarify, use today as day one?

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 15:15 #3387

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yes, use today as day 1.

Glad your feeling better.

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 15:17 #3388

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Deb. Try to channel your positive energy my way - I think I'll need more help than ever this time. Wish me luck!!!

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 16:38 #3389

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Wishing you the best......you'll be great so STOP WORRYING

How to best use the Cycle Diet while going OFF of BC?? 29 Jun 2006 16:58 #3390

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yes mam. (tail between my legs)

Only kidding - You know me, and how I needed that!!!

I'm off to the store in a short while to buy all of the good stuff again. The family is gone today, so I'm cleaning out the cabinets. They'll be so pleased when they return.

Here we go..........
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds