Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pork ?

Pork ? 29 Jun 2006 01:51 #3393

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am wondering about pork loin, as we use it sometimes as an alternative to chicken. I only buy the pork loin (the white meat, not tenderloin), trim off all loose fat and don't consume any of that fat on the edges. If/when/how much is this OK to eat?

Thanks.

Pork ? 29 Jun 2006 03:39 #3394

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

Great question--Pork loin is fine in the follicular phase. It's really OK during the luteal phase too in limited amounts. Stay with no more than 4 oz a time a couple times a week. Trimming all fat off is good as well.

Pork has become more lean due to genetics, but again as in beef it really boils down to how the animal was raised. My concern is one of the use of growth hormones, the over use of antibiotics and whether or not the animal was confined. Why does this make a difference? Well it may not in the view of many, but if the animal was treated well, as in organically raised or raised on a small farm, it's my belief that the meat value may also be better and better for human consumption.

Many people can not justify the price for organically produced meats, so it's an individual choice.

Thanks for asking,
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds