Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strange things happening now off of BC

Strange things happening now off of BC 03 Aug 2006 23:30 #3430

• ljws
  • ljws's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Deb,

Well, I'm one whole month off of birth control, and following the cycle diet "loosely". I'm experiencing very little PMS symptoms. I have to admit that I was really worried, and I'm sure things will still change as my body gets back to normal. The first thing I noticed, was that my cravings eased up, and I now have a taste for coffee again. For the longest time I just couldnt stomache coffee, and I didnt understand why when I used to LOVE the stuff. Also - my libido has increased (yea!), and sex has become great again - not just a chore. Mabey that is how BC works - it kills your libido??!! Anyway, my first period post BC was just a day later than the calendar said it should be, and very similar to before w/ just additional spotting for a day or two later. I'd be curious to find out if anyone else has reports on changes after quitting BC, so that I know what to look forward to. Oh, my hunger level has also decreased - a very nice surprise!

Just a little update, and request for any assoc. info.

thanks,
~Lynn

Strange things happening now off of BC 04 Aug 2006 13:58 #3431

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much for the update...it's always wonderful to hear positive results from even "loosely" following the Cycle Diet. You've been off and on it enough times to understand what to do and how to substitute the "foods to avoid" for the "foods to include" and the best time to eat the stress foods. Keeping up with recommended supplements also helps especially if you're doing your-own-thing.

Just one thought, after coming off the pill, your levels of both estrogen and progestin (progesterone) drop so it would explain the decrease of symptoms, lessening the demand for vital vitamins and minerals. However making sure you're supplying your body with the right nutrition can only help as well.

Lynn, have you been reading the posts regarding gluten and ADD/ADHD? Have you ever considered being tested for gluten sensitivity? I am working with a new laboratory that specializes in testing for gluten and casein along with some other foods. Let me know if this is something you would like to do and I'll send you a link.

Or actually I think I've posted the link to their website in the Celiac and gluten board you can look at. Your insurance may cover it for the ADD, but you'd have to talk with them about it, or just hit www.enterolab.com

Look at the research they have regarding ADD, I think it's very informative and please let me know if you have any questions. I've been doing much reading up on the latest research on diet ADD/HD and gluten/casien free.

Strange things happening now off of BC 06 Aug 2006 16:01 #3432

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you both again for your continued support! I am very curious about the link you posted, and welcome all info on that. There is something that I would have NEVER considered before becoming a member of these boards - thank you. I've eliminated ALL of my meds except the Straterra, and am easing back into my supplements. (I just hate taking all of those BIG pills). Mabey I can eventually elimnated the Straterra, which will make replacing it with a supplement - easier.

I think I will pop back on the "weight loss" version of the cycle diet for a few weeks too, which can only help things in many ways.

I'm still so very gratefull for finding you Deb - youve been an invaluable recource, source of support, and friend!!!

I'll be in touch.
~Lynn

Strange things happening now off of BC 06 Aug 2006 19:51 #3433

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Glad to be of service, I'm always around if you need anything. Keep up the good work!

Strange things happening now off of BC 22 Aug 2006 13:29 #3434

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Well, new things are happening this month. Too many changes at one time just makes it harder to figure out where the problem lies.

This month, no physical pms symptoms (2nd cycle off of bc), but I did get my period a few days short of 28, and my brain is a mess.

I haven't followed the diet like a should because I couldn't get control of the cravings. I'm still 85-90% gluten free, and sticking with mostly fruit/Veg and chicken, but I have been craving red meat a lot, so I gave in, and I'm craving coffee like never before. And...sweets - I found myself standing in front of an open fridge door the other night after everyone was asleep with spoon in hand. Jelly, peanut butter (natural at least), chicken, peanuts, pudding, etc, etc. I was on a tasting binge. Then went to bed and dreamed guilty things.

I can't remember sh**, and I've been panicking even more lately. I'm into my 2nd day of my period, and I do feel a little better with the anxiety and anger, but still quite teary. Not sure if it is the Wellbutrin finally out of my system or what? School starts next week, and I'm SOOOOO excited about having a routine again! All summer, the kids are home, my hubby is home, and my MOM is home - routine becomes nonexistent because I have to tend to everyone's needs, but I'm anticipating feeling much better when I can get a better grip on the day.

I hope I can be more disciplined, especially with the diet and exercise, like I was when I first found you. I know it works, I just need to stop talking myself out of it, and start talking myself out of cheating.

I'm sorry. You must get so tired of me whining, and giving in to temptation. I hope to bring you good news by next cycle.

Strange things happening now off of BC 22 Aug 2006 15:44 #3435

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Lynn,

You can only do the best you can and when you fall off the wagon you just get back on and keep trying.

I know it's hard to stay completely on the diet, so you might just want to build in a couple hundred extra calories to help you through the luteal phase. If you think you're going to need them at night, plan on eating them at night an hour or so before you go to bed. Most weight loss plans have a person end eating at 7pm or 2 hours after your last meal, but it doesn't really matter. You know yourself better, and by planning on eating a snack prior to bedtime you also help yourself not feel so guilty.

A routine will definately help.

Strange things happening now off of BC 29 Aug 2006 00:03 #3436

• ljws
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Deb,

You are always there when someone needs a boost - weather you know it or not!

Thanks Jen!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds