Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thank You Again- I found a Doctor

Thank You Again- I found a Doctor 19 Sep 2006 15:31 #3458

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
[color=blue:fef71e4768]This was a private message that was meant to appear here:[/color:fef71e4768]

To: Debra
Posted: 19 Sep 2006 08:33 am
Subject: Thank you again
Debra,

I am lucky to have found another Dr. so quickly that is going to try to help me. I saw him yesterday 9/18 and told him the same info I told the "other Dr." and instead of kicking me out of his office HE actually understood what I was talking about and after a few moments of thinking about it, he referred me to a gastroenterologist (spelling) for malabsorption problems and ordered the Gluten test (a comprehensive one just like the most comprehensive one on the Enterolab (spelling) site.

I told him that my vitamin D test came back even lower than the minimum requirement and he was shocked to hear that the other Dr. wasn't concerned about that. He is basically checking me from head to toe by ordering a mammogram which I was due for anyway and an ultrasound since I have a lump in my right breast. He referred me to the gastro and called him while I was in the room to explain what has been happening to me. Not to be gross, but he asked me if my stools ever float to the top of the bowl and look a little mucous around it. I said yes right away without realizing that, that is a sign of malabsorption. It may have been on your site or on the Enterolab site but I missed that part.

Debra, I wanted to ask you, if I should go back to eating wheat bread with gluten so the test can is accurate or if I can keep eating the Gluten free bread. I don't want the test to show a wrong result just because I have already assumed I am allergic and have taken gluten out of my diet. I have been very strict with myself. I am not eating any Gluten (reading every package) and no dairy at all except organic eggs. I have switched to soy milk only to drink and for my coffee (only 1 to 2 cups a day at the most). No cheese at all and no ice cream (my favorite food in the entire world!!). I did find a frozen soy dessert made with no hydrogenated oils and no high fructose corn syrup at Wal-Mart.

Will all of this strict eating give me false results on the tests I am going to be taking?

Also, I have gotten into a bad habit of eating my cereal and not being hungry for my fruit. Do I need to eat both? If so, I'll cut down to 1/2 Cup cereal instead of a cup and make sure I eat the fruit. Sometimes I eat the fruit a little later (before my AM snack). I feel GREAT and just went through my first cycle with no mood swings at all!!! The worst day I had was the day the Dr. kicked me out of her office ( I was pretty upset about that) but I wasn't moody with my husband or anyone and even though I wanted to cry, I didn't. I was able to come home, find a way to report her to the authorities and shake it off.

I am preparing my "Packet" for the authorities today. It will be complete with a letter of what happened, a copy of her "letter of dismissal" which I received Saturday, my new referrals from my new doctor, the ODS web info you emailed to me and anything else I can send which will prove my case to the state of Florida! I wanted to wait until I received her letter and also until I saw the new doctor to get as much proof against her as possible and boy will she regret "DIMISSING ME!!" Even if the state doesn't close her down which I am sure they won't I just want it all on file so if someone else complains about her, my complaint will be on file too.

Anyway, I have taken up too much of your time. If you get the chance to let me know about the gluten test and whether I should eat "normal again" to get better results, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for everything and I want to thank everyone who responded to my e-mail. I was shocked to read so many e-mails and didn't realize how this e-mail thing works. I am such a computer dummy!!

Thanks to everyone!!!
Lainie

Thank You Again- I found a Doctor 19 Sep 2006 16:25 #3459

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
To: Lainie
Posted: 19 Sep 2006 09:15 am
Subject: Re: Thank you again
Hi Lainie,

You are so welcome. I'm so glad you found a good doctor. Please let me know where and how you found him, I have so many clients in Florida that we could use a good doctor to refer others to, especially a good Gastroenterologist who understands the consequences of malabsorption.

Should you stop gluten free prior to the test? Probably; but it really depends on how long you've been gluten free and on how much damage you have. There are a few different blood tests, but be prepared for an endoscopy and biopsy if you test positive for antibodies. Also, many non-celiac gluten sensitive people test negative for blood antibodies, which is why so many people go years and years for a good diagnosis causing more and more intestinal damage.

So I hate to say stop because you're doing so much better and introducing gluten back if you are gluten sensitive/intolerant will induce the same immune response again. Enterolabs can still test people on gluten free diets, but it doesn't hurt to get a blood test first and then see what your new doctor says about Enterolabs. Had he heard of Dr. Kenneth Fine?

You need to tell your new doctor that you've been gluten free for a few weeks now and see what he recommends. Sometimes they want you to eat gluten again as a challenge for a couple weeks prior to blood and biopsy.

This is a private message, is it OK to move it to the support board?

Thank You Again- I found a Doctor 19 Sep 2006 16:31 #3460

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Lainie,

P.S.- I forgot to answer your question about eating the fruit.

It's ok not to eat the fruit if the cereal is too much. What kind of cereal are you eating? Just wondering.

It would be better if you reduced the cereal to 1/2 cup and kept the fruit.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds