Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I was told I have high triglycerides, now what??

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 28 Mar 2007 23:23 #3502

• NancyO
  • NancyO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Oh....re reading your baby brain reply ok yes I get it now, about time.:D

How are you doing?

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 30 Mar 2007 03:00 #3503

• NancyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for asking, I'm not so great, really.  About a month ago I got strep throat and was down in the bed for a week sick as a dog.  I ate whatever someone brought to me and of course, it wasn't what I would have made for myself.  Then my girls both got ear infections and were really sick and I kept eating bad and now I'm having a tough time getting back into my healthy eating habit.  I was doing so well before I got sick!!!  I'm pretty angry at myself about it.  I take Yaz for several months straight through and then take one month normally and get a period.  This has helped my symptoms tremendously but next week is my week to "allow" my period to come and I'm afraid it's going to be horrible since I've gone so far off my eating plan.

So any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated !!  Or kick my behind, that would help, too!!!

Thanks for listening!!  Hey, are avacados okay for me to eat?  I've just discovered I like guacamole (just avacado, onion, and tomato, nothing else added).

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 30 Mar 2007 12:29 #3504

• NancyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Nancy,

Avocados are wonderful for you. They're a little high in calories due to their natural fat profile but they are a very good source of vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, B6, magnesium and a little fiber. A half cup mashed contains 185 calories.

Nancy, have your high glycerides come down at all? Do you suffer from severe constipation of diarrhea? High glycerides are also a sign you may not be absorbing fatty acids properly. Take a look at this link for more information about how to tell if you may have a problem with this:  http://www.cyclediet.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=471&forum_id=26  

Can you describe your PMS/PMDD symptoms?

Are they more emotional than physical in nature?

I would suggest you try going gluten free for the next couple weeks and see if you have better results.

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 26 Sep 2008 19:30 #3505

• NancyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
interesting read...question...my triglycerides were super low---23!  Could this be a problem?  Are low tri's an explanation for fatigue?

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 26 Sep 2008 19:45 #3506

• NancyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
[user=517]solstice[/user] wrote:

interesting read...question...my triglycerides were super low---23!  Could this be a problem?  Are low tri's an explanation for fatigue?

Yes, too low triglycerides can also be a problem and may contribute to your fatigue, but probably not the entire reason, just a consequence. 

Extremely low triglycerides levels (less than 10 mg/dL) can also indicate a problem. Low levels may indicate malnutrition (not enough nutrients in the diet), malabsorption (inadequate absorption of nutrients in the intestinal tract), a diet too low in fat, or an overactive thyroid problem.

In your case it's probably a combination of not eating enough grains/carbs/ no sugar and a bit of malabsorption....

You might consider adding more fruit to your diet if you're going to remain grain-free.

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 27 Sep 2008 11:10 #3507

• NancyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
thanks for this reply! I definitely eat enough fat! :) I have been trying to eat fruit every day...and am also trying to add in a little bit of honey here and there. I got off all of my yeast herbs and so far it's been about 2 weeks and I feel good and havent had a relapse yet! hooray!

I was told I have high triglycerides, now what?? 30 Sep 2008 22:33 #3508

• NancyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
[user=517]solstice[/user] wrote:

thanks for this reply! I definitely eat enough fat! :) I have been trying to eat fruit every day...and am also trying to add in a little bit of honey here and there. I got off all of my yeast herbs and so far it's been about 2 weeks and I feel good and havent had a relapse yet! hooray!

Congrats Solstice, regarding the yeast situation that is. Glad to see you're still hanging in there with the diet.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds