Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Children's vitamins

Children's vitamins 23 Jan 2007 17:37 #3561

• hapy4dolphins
  • hapy4dolphins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI Deb,
 My daughter has been complaining of muscle and lots of bone pains lately....say the last two weeks. Hubby thought she may need a multi vit........as it sounded like what I  used to have when I was her age.
 Is there anything I should look our for besides gluten-free for her age?
She is 7.
Nicole

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Children's vitamins 23 Jan 2007 19:55 #3562

• hapy4dolphins
  • hapy4dolphins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nicole,

Has her pediatrician actually run nutrient tests on her to see if she's at all deficient? That would be my first question.

Chances are if she's not absorbing calcium, magnesium and phosphorus due to gluten intolerance, than she should be taking a supplement. Bone pain is quite common in children during their growth spurts, has she gained a little in height recently? There are a couple posts on gluten free vitamins and minerals that also carry children's vitamins, you can check those out inside the Gluten intolerance forum, I have them stickied to the top now so more people can see the link.

Talk with her ped and find out if she should-could possibly be tested for the usual nutrients that Celiacs are tested for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds