Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is Juice Plus really that great??

Is Juice Plus really that great?? 09 Mar 2007 12:34 #3572

• victoriajr7
  • victoriajr7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a question about a product called Juice Plus.  I have recently heard about this product and it sounds great.  However I am wondering about the real story and if it is really as great as it sounds.  It is pretty expensive but I am willing to spend the money on it as long as it is really as great as stated.  Please help.  This is what I have been told:  Juice plus has all of the fruits and vegetables that you need daily.  It has 100% rate of absorbancy and because it has all of the vitamins and minerals that vegetables have it prevents against a whole list of sicknesses including cancer, colds etc. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Juice Plus really that great?? 09 Mar 2007 13:14 #3573

• victoriajr7
  • victoriajr7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
[user=254]victoriajr7[/user] wrote:

I have a question about a product called Juice Plus.  I have recently heard about this product and it sounds great.  However I am wondering about the real story and if it is really as great as it sounds.  It is pretty expensive but I am willing to spend the money on it as long as it is really as great as stated.  Please help. 

This is what I have been told:  Juice plus has all of the fruits and vegetables that you need daily.  It has 100% rate of absorbency and because it has all of the vitamins and minerals that vegetables have it prevents against a whole list of sicknesses including cancer, colds etc. 

Hi Victoria,

This is a very bold statement and I agree with you, you need to be skeptical. I'm always skeptical of Multi-level marketing schemes, not so much about the products themselves, which are probably just okay, but because many of the claims these companies pass on to their sales representatives are mostly just hot air. The problems begin with the costs of these products. They have to make inflated claims in order to hook consumers (mostly pressured friends and neighbors) into purchasing the over priced product.

I've never been a fan of these kinds of products because the claims are too unbelievable and because I believe you're better off spending your hard earned money buying the REAL THING.  If they're using real (peer reviewed) research to back up their claims it more than likely borrowed from authentic research done on real fruit and vegetable nutrients, not on the product itself. Research is very expensive to do and the point of this kind of marketing is to make as much money as possible before the FDA shuts them down for making false claims. New laws are being passed about products like this, so time will tell.

I'm only guessing on the price, but I've seen estimates of $150 for a 3 month supply of powder and capsules.....:shock:, that's a lot of money to spend on a supplement that may only cost a few dollars to produce. If you took that money and purchased fresh fruits and vegetables -you're guaranteed to benefit from the phytonutrients professed to be contained in these powders along with the soluble fiber, minerals and mostly- energy in the form of real wholesome food.

As the old saying goes.....there's a sucker born every minute.

More info for you:

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html

The beneficial combinations of phytochemicals obtained from eating fresh fruits and vegetables can not be duplicated or obtained anywhere else other than the fruits and vegetables themselves. Eat a variety of color in fruits and vegetables everyday.

Learn more about the beneficial phytochemicals and antioxidants in fruits and vegetables by following the link to Ohio State University Fact Sheet.

Phytochemicals   http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/5000/5050.html [/b]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds