Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Melaleuca

Melaleuca 15 Mar 2007 19:48 #3579

• jonsmom
  • jonsmom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone tried Melaleuca products? 

Cindy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melaleuca 15 Mar 2007 22:36 #3580

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I have not tried their products ONLY because my "friends" did the hard-sell on me to join their selling "team". You have to purchase a minimum each month, and that's not for me. I've heard good things from others about their cleaning products, though.

Melaleuca 16 Mar 2007 00:17 #3581

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Cindy,

Are you being pressured to buy the products? If you are then I would say that's your first clue to run as fast and as far away from whoever is trying to sell you. I know how careful and sensitive you are about products so if you have to buy in mass quantity then that wouldn't be a good thing.

I did look at their website, they sell a lot of different things, but when I saw the long-distance phone service they lost the small amount of credibility they had for being a "wellness company"

Melaleuca 16 Mar 2007 01:47 #3582

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Debra

No I am not being pressured by anyone.  I did have a friend's cousin contact me to give me the ingredients.  Seems they have corn in it and I don't have an interest in buying any of their vitamins.  So I'm safe at the moment and won't be looking any further into it.  :)  I am thinking about buying vitamins from Kirkman called Everday.  But is it enough?  How much vitamins and minerals should adults take in a day? 

Cindy

Melaleuca 16 Mar 2007 02:37 #3583

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Melaleuca vitamins are not GF, at least, I couldn't find even one that is.
NOW company has many vitamins and supplments that are at least GF, if not other-allergen-free.

Melaleuca 16 Mar 2007 04:01 #3584

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I've tried NOW products in Flaxseed and Fish oil but they didn't work for me.  :(  I have to keep looking.  How much vitamins and minerals are adults supposed to take a day?

Cindy

Melaleuca 16 Mar 2007 16:26 #3585

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Cindy,

Inside your workbook is a chart or list of what you'll need. If you can't find it then look under the shopping list for the generic list of supplements. Also go to the main website and go to the resources link and look on the right side where you'll find a whole list of vitamin and mineral guidelines.

I will add links later to this message for easier navigation, but am running right now to board my flight.

Melaleuca 18 Mar 2007 12:27 #3586

• jonsmom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
[user=210]jonsmom[/user] wrote:

I've tried NOW products in Flaxseed and Fish oil but they didn't work for me.  :(  I have to keep looking.  How much vitamins and minerals are adults supposed to take a day?

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Sorry, for taking so long to get back to you. My internet connection here is a little slow. To answer your questions about "how much" vitamin and minerals are adults supposed to take, see this post for the RDA, DRI's and the upper levels that have been researched and verified by the National Acadamy of Science.

http://www.cyclediet.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=29&forum_id=4  

There is one exception to this list and it's vitamin D. We now know that the levels recommended for vitamin D are substantially low. New reseach is showing that we need much higher levels, especially the storage form- in order to help the immune system do it's job and to avoid many cancers. Women with any autoimmune disease, Celiacs or gluten intolerance tend to have very low levels and should ask their doctors to monitor their 25(OH)vitaminD  levels before going into the winter months and prior to spring if possible. This is when we don't make it naturally in our skin since the sun is not strong enough during the winter months.

You'll want to take up to 2,000 IU's a day with food and calcium for better absorption. Some doctors prescribe up to 50,000 IU's a week in those with very low D levels. If you get outdoors in the summer months enough to devlope a "tan" not "burn" you might only need 800 IU's a day during the winter months

I hope that answers your question.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds