Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cycle Diet for Weight Loss Question

Cycle Diet for Weight Loss Question 10 Dec 2007 15:24 #3658

• Crystal1972
  • Crystal1972's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Debra,

Can I just say how excellent I feel these past few days? My energy level is through the roof. I think I can safely say that several days on the Cycle Diet for Weight Loss and that sluggish overeating tiredness that I trudged around with all the time is gone. I actually sprang out of bed at 6 this morning to get on the treadmill!

My question is regarding the weight loss daily meal plans. I have sort of been picking and choosing my meals and snacks throughout the whole follicular phase plan...is this okay? I'm guessing that the nutrition for the day would be optimal if one were to follow each day exactly as listed?

Thanks for your help,

Crystal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cycle Diet for Weight Loss Question 10 Dec 2007 15:48 #3659

• Crystal1972
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Crystal,

It's not a problem to switch things around a bit if that's what you want to do. Everybody does it, I don't know of anyone who's following the plan as is, but please try to stick with the "Base Plan". If you find that rotating a couple favorite menu items around is just fine. Just pick 3 good breakfast menus you like, and 3 different lunches and as many different dinners as you can for your family. It's tough to get your whole family to eat what you're supposed to. And if you have to eat a pre-packaged frozen entree with a side of vegetables while your family eats pizza, well this is where your commitment to the program comes into play.

Let me clarify that, variety in fruits, vegetables, and meats (fish) is a very good idea, but if you're not in love with broccoli or cauliflower eating a very smallish amount is better than not at all. Example your 1 lettuce leaf of Romain...:) 

I hope that's what you're asking...

Cycle Diet for Weight Loss Question 10 Dec 2007 17:47 #3660

• Crystal1972
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Crystal,

I'm still searching for foods I know I can live with long-term. I'm very concerned about portion control, which is why I'm measuring just about everything out.

I've lost 5 pounds already!!! Alright, I'm going to stop bragging. I'm going to have to start thinking about adding fish, ugh, I'm not all that excited about eating fish, never have, never will. But I just bought some frozen salmon, I think I'm going to have to go for it.

Hang in there...measure everything and don't give up, we're in this together my new friend! I need to get over to your sparkfriends blog. I'm also happy for you, wow you can feel the difference already? I just want to get rid of this dull headache.

I wonder if I started to exercise if that might help...oops, Debra I've been exercising really I have.:D

Cycle Diet for Weight Loss Question 06 Mar 2008 13:00 #3661

• Crystal1972
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I highly recommend FRESH salmon if you can get it...and organic DOEs taste better too!  Another fish that is more palatable is tilapia.  Not fishy at all!  You can make blackened tilapia and stick it on lettuce greens and it is delicious.  I have the blackening recipe if anyone is interested...a bit spicy but you can alter the amounts to suit your taste!  Also...tilapia dipped in honey mustard and rice milk then dregged in ground pecans is AWESOME!  Bake at 450 for about 20 min.  Delicious!

Cycle Diet for Weight Loss Question 06 Mar 2008 13:07 #3662

• Crystal1972
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
[user=517]solstice[/user] wrote:

I highly recommend FRESH salmon if you can get it...and organic DOEs taste better too!  Another fish that is more palatable is tilapia.  Not fishy at all!  You can make blackened tilapia and stick it on lettuce greens and it is delicious. 

Great point Solstice, fresh salmon may be more difficult to get in the midwest.

I have the blackening recipe if anyone is interested...a bit spicy but you can alter the amounts to suit your taste!  Also...tilapia dipped in honey mustard and rice milk then dregged in ground pecans is AWESOME!  Bake at 450 for about 20 min.  Delicious!

We would love it if you to shared your tilapia recipe....just go into the recipe forum and post it, it sounds delish!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds