Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cravings

Cravings 18 Mar 2008 00:04 #3720

• solstice
  • solstice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm definitely getting more cravings or just wanting to eat ALL DAY LONG. I want to be crunching on things and tend to overeat almonds...although I would prefer to be eating nice salty potato chips or something along those lines....ahh....I still have a week plus to go (i think)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cravings 18 Mar 2008 00:51 #3721

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Craving salt is a possible sign of too much protein in the form of branch chain fatty acids. Exercise will help with that craving. Carbohydrates in the form of starch foods like a potato can also help somewhat....increases insulin response that also clears those branch chain fatty acids. You might want to try the baked Layes to satify both cravings without the saturated fats. Just be careful not to eat the whole bag...:D

Cravings 18 Mar 2008 01:12 #3722

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
so is it likely a result of what I ate for dinner tonight...cornish hen? Interesting though.

I really have to stay away from potatoes cause they tend to make me feel ill. I love them though!!

Even the last few times I've eaten hummus with corn chips I havent felt great afterwards. I'm so hypersensitive to everything!

Also...I know my insulin levels change. I feel like I get more blood sugar lows closer to my period---which makes me want to eat more and usually overdo it.

Cravings 18 Mar 2008 11:23 #3723

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Solstice,

Sometime people can have a sensitivity to other foods like corn, or you might want to read the label of your corn chips...it's also likely that they could be cross contaminated if the manufacture also produces other products that contain gluten. Read the label, they must enclose wheat.

Cravings 18 Mar 2008 15:44 #3724

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I know I shouldnt be eating corn chips cause I tested allergic to them...bad I know.  ON a scale of 1-5...corn was a 2.  Also these are cooked in peanut oil and the homeopath said to stay away from peanuts.  I'm trying to be better about this now.  Damn if soy doesnt show up in everything these days though!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds