Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cost of food

Cost of food 24 Apr 2008 19:07 #3757

• solstice
  • solstice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
wow---super interesting...never hear of this until now!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cost of food 18 Jun 2008 13:59 #3758

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I updated my first post at the beginning of this thread.

Cost of food 18 Jun 2008 14:09 #3759

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi all,

I'm a working mother of 2 with a husband that doesn't stop eating so it is not hard to imagine that we can actually go through the larger (and ounce-for-ounce) cheaper bags of spinach, apples, carrots, etc. However, by purchasing a few staples in bulk rather than a variety of small packages, I've been able to save a lot of money and still eat healthy! Also, this should go without saying, but don't let food go to waste. Sometimes my motivation to eat a salad rather than a few spoonfuls of peanut-butter is simply that my veggies are going to go bad soon.

I also cook several gluten-free meals on Saturday for the upcoming week after I've gone to the market. I find that planning our favorite meals out and shopping in bulk has saved more money in gas from the many trips running to the store for every little thing I might be out of.

I didn't become an expert meal planner until I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance now my whole family is eating better.:D

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds