Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: cycle diet question

cycle diet question 22 Jun 2008 10:48 #3771

• lillyraelene
  • lillyraelene's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Oh how I'd love a nice hot cross bun or ten, with lotsa butter! Maybe I'm just getting used to the change of foods? Maybe my servings are not big enough? I've only been on the diet for a week and I'm feeling something I've never felt before.... HUNGER. Im Six'' 1(185 cm tall), I weigh about 55 kilos and I've always eaten the fattiest of anything and everything and in copius amounts. Anything I felt like... I would just eat! My work colleages make fun of my lunch box cos its so big. I eat all day if I can. So this hunger thing.... is it normal? When I eat fish and vegies for dinner, I wonder whats for main coarse? I'm having lots of the foods suggested and in larger amounts. I really don't want to lose weight but I'm afraid if I keep going with this,.... I just might. I lose it easily and it's impossible to put in on! Lucky? no, It has just made me so comfortable with a very unhealthy diet for far too long!

So is this diet right for me? An orange, nuts and a glass of water for morning tea? oh dear.. I'll do it if you say it will help with PMS. I'd love to go off my medication for this pshychiatric disorder I have! (PMS) But if I lose weight I think I'll blow over in the wind!!:P

I have calculated  the calories needed to maintain my weight. I'ts 2313.3825. How do I know how many calories I'm getting?

Thanks for your last reply! This forum is great! I think I'll have success with such great support!;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cycle diet question 22 Jun 2008 12:27 #3772

• lillyraelene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Lilly,

Yes, you should increase your calories if you want to maintain your weight. The on-line calories for the Cycle Diet is any where from 1,600-1,800 kcals...very short from where you need to be. You are currently underweight if I calculated your kilos correctly to pounds for your height. 6'1". You should shoot for 65 kilos or 144 pounds. Just to maintain your current weight you need to be at 2,024 kcals so I agree you need to be up to 2,500-3,000 kcals, especially if you exercise.

Lilly, have you ever been tested for Celiac Disease? You describe the classic signs of Celiac....always eating a ton of food but not able to gain weight. Please talk with your doctors for a blood screening. They will more than likely want to do an endoscopy as well.

Are you trying the gluten-free diet? Please get yourself tested for celiac first before you go gluten-free....but as soon as you get tested you can go gluten-free. If you are trying the gluten-free diet you will have terrible gluten grain cravings due to the addictive nature of gluten. Gluten is a tough little molecule to kick ;) but you can do it if you have to.

Substitute some non glutenous grains like:

Beans

quinoa
*buckwheat
*groats
*wild rice
*brown rice
**Pure oats
*sorghum
*millet
*tapioca
*corn
*Montina
*Teff

Eat enough to satisfy your hunger, you should increase your calories to maintain your weight.

Lilly, many times gluten can cause a psychiatric or neurological disorder so it's very important you get tested as soon as possible.

And yes, the Cycle Diet is a good diet for you but you need to be on the right diet for you if you have a gluten intolerance.

cycle diet question 22 Jun 2008 22:04 #3773

• lillyraelene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much. I will book in for a test! No I havn't started on the glluten free yet. I'll see how this test goes. Your support is very much appreciated.

Lilly

cycle diet question 22 Jun 2008 23:12 #3774

• lillyraelene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
You are very welcome, good luck with that test, I hope you are able to get in right away.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds