Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Peanut Butter and mood

Peanut Butter and mood 19 Oct 2008 03:46 #3848

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've been following the cycle diet for 6 days now. And I feel very good mentally, already. I was reading the Today Show Eating for PMS segment Debra posted a link to a while back (it was aired June 25 2007) and it mentioned increasing foods high in Magnesium because magnesium helps with serotonin production.

In the last 3 weeks I've increased my intake of Peanut Butter A Lot. Going from eating none to eating PB&J on whole grain bread for lunch almost everyday.

I know mood and diet is effected by many factors, but could my increase in PB be related to my good mood this week?

Peanut Butter and mood 19 Oct 2008 13:46 #3849

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Turtle,

Here's what I think: IT'S THE DAIRY AVOIDANCE!

Didn't you say you were going to give up dairy completely? I would give the avoiding dairy more credit than adding Peanut butter and jelly for lunch every day :D. And please make sure you're adding 1,000mg of calcium a day with vitamin D3. Since you're in Chicago you'll want to make sure you're getting at least an additional 1,000 IU's of vitamin D3 a day as well.....oh wait, you're taking the prescription vit & min...right?

A couple tips on the PB&J....make sure your peanut butter is natural (no added hydrogentated fats) And hopefully your jelly does not contain high fructose corn syrup. 100% fruit preserves with natural sugar is better than the sugar laden varieties just look at the label.

I'm glad you're going through all the old posts, there is a lot of information here.

Peanut Butter and mood 19 Oct 2008 16:45 #3850

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the response. I thought it was probably an odd coincidence - and my mood is probably more a combination of a lot of things: increased exercise, cleaning up my eating, body still adjusting to the new bc, taking the vitamins more consistently, drinking more water, sleeping more regular (7-8 hours a night). I've only been off dairy for 3 days now, but my moods been good for over a week (since I made the decision to start the diet).

I've eliminated high-fructose corn syrup from most of my diet (and my boyfriends) for a while now (it came in as soda or candy & junk food or probably in bread eating out). Any breads, jellys, juices (i.e. healthy foods) I've been reading the label to eliminate HFC for over a year now (ever since Dr. Oz said on Oprah to avoid the following if the first 5 ingredients: animal fats, hydrogenated vegetable oils, enriched flour, sugar and HFC.

Bread was the toughest, but Peppridge farms 9 Grain was a really good one (except it has whey, so I'm not eating it now).

HFC is the only one that I'm pretty good about avoiding with food I buy for home. I'm still floored when I see it in juice. Especially juice blends targeted as healthy for kids.

I am on the prescription ultra-high calcium supplement, and I'm substituting fortified soy milk, adding spinach to the diet this week and I've been eating hummus, which I saw listed as a source of calcium?

Peanut Butter and mood 19 Oct 2008 19:10 #3851

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
It sounds like you're on the right track, keep up the good work and in time I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well you will feel. :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds