Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turtle's Journey - week 2

Turtle's Journey - week 2 27 Oct 2008 16:14 #3854

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This past week is usually my toughest week, symptom wise. Tension, irritability, an increasing emotional low that I feel all over - in my head and body. But not this week!

It's a testimony to the eating plan and how well my body is responding to eating this way, that I had such a good week. Life is very stressful right now and I didn't feel overwhelmed or have any melt downs. I was able to listen to my boyfriend's stress without going there myself. Often those conversations become about me and he needs to make me feel better, when he's the one having a hard time. Especially this week of my cycle.

I had symptoms: rapid thoughts, some irritability, mild cramping, increased profanity. But all manageable, and if asked, even though I was having those symptoms, I still felt good. My symptoms were mild compared to how they usually are, but probably moderate for someone who hasn't experienced them before.

I had a day of rapid thoughts (arguments with people in my head, replaying events,rehashing old issues, etc) on Wednesday. The usual worse day of symptoms. I had a small tart (mini cupcake size) Tuesday night that did have butter. I made a note of that in case the result of eating dairy are these fixating thoughts.

Except for the tart, I've been dairy-free for the entire week. I was agitated yestarday, and I think it was a combination of too much caffeine and sugar the day before.

Lost 1 lb this week. I think I would have lost more if I hadn't discovered sweets: vegan cupcake this weekend, coconut macaroons, and coconut milk ice cream all week.

Going to try to avoid sugar (i.e. junk food) this week. Feeling more positive everyday! My mother is even thinking of trying this.

Have a great week everyone!
Turtle

Read my introduction or the week 1 update.

Turtle's Journey - week 2 27 Oct 2008 22:22 #3855

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you so much for your update Turtle!!,

I'm very glad you're keeping me informed of how you're doing, and I just want to say GOOD JOB :D. Keep up the healthy foods and dairy avoidance test, it does take a little time to really notice the benefits. 

Oh, and congratulations on the 1 pound loss!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds