Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turtle's Journey - week 4

Turtle's Journey - week 4 10 Nov 2008 20:08 #3861

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi!

As a whole it's been a great week. Somewhat of a roller coaster stress wise, high anxiety followed by great relief. It's my 2nd week of the follicular phase, usually a good week. But I noticed and my boyfriend noticed I was irritable and a little cranky, but if asked how I felt, I would say I felt fine. I was motivated to push toward feeling better rather than let the feeling bad drag me down - proof to me that eating this way is increasing my emotional reserves for the tough days.

I have three theories on the crankiness: 1) stress/relief events strained my system 2) the alcohol I had last Friday and Saturday 3) the red food dye in the icing on the 4 vegan cupcakes I ate Sun, Mon, Tues and Wed.

Although I knew that I get very depressed 2 days after having any alcohol, I was never able to track how long it took my body to fully recover. Never had a bar of "good" before. Now that I've had 2 great weeks, I know what good feels like and I wasn't 100% there this week. Not till Sunday. But I also think it took till Sunday for all the red food dye to leave my system. Looking at my eating habits, I didn't drink as much water this week as I had been drinking. There's always so many factors!

Despite this, I lost 2.5 lbs this week! Exercised a lot. Followed the rules (vegan cupcakes and expeller pressed tortilla chips the only junk). Was very busy, but never felt overwhelmed, which I think I would normally have felt.

I'm now a believer that eating this way is absolutely necessary if I want to feel good. I have no doubt I'll make it the entire 2 cycles. I begin my luteal phase this week & will be monitoring when symptoms begin and how they feel compared to prior cycles.

Have a great week, everyone!
Turtle

Read my [url=view_topic.php?id=1376&forum_id=5]introduction[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1380&forum_id=7]week 1[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1381&forum_id=7]week 2[/url], or week 3.

Turtle's Journey - week 4 10 Nov 2008 20:26 #3860

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Excellent update Turtle,

You're getting results already and time will tell. What's in your vegan cupcakes? Just wondering, they sound interesting.

You really need to give yourself a bit of time to feel 100% better. Are you still 100% dairy free? The next couple of weeks will be a bit of a test for you.

Good luck with the diet!

p.s. stay clear of the alcohol these next two weeks okay.;)

Turtle's Journey - week 4 10 Nov 2008 21:05 #3859

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
What's in your vegan cupcakes?
I don't know. I got them at an organic bakery in Chicago called Bleeding Heart Bakery. The icing was bright red and my lips, teeth, tongue would be colored after eating one. So were my BMs, until Sunday (ate last cupcake on Wed). I worked at a vegetarian restaurant 9 years ago and at that time their icing was vegetable shortening, tasted good, but not good for you. I'm making the same assumption with any vegan cupcake I choose to eat - that it's high in hydrogenated vegetable oil. And they definitely have a ton of sugar.

As far as I know, I am still 100% dairy free. I've eaten out and eaten at friends, but requested and asked whether butter or dairy was in things.

I'm optimistic how the next two weeks will go. Curious and excited.

stay clear of the alcohol these next two weeks okay?
No problem. I've generally accepted I can't drink alcohol. And really weighed the effect before choosing to have it last weekend. I've been testing my reaction to alcohol for a year now and it just effects my mood for too many days for it to be worth the glass of wine. Real bummer, I was never a heavy drinker, but I did so appreciate a good glass of red!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds