Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turtle's Journey - week 5

Turtle's Journey - week 5 17 Nov 2008 04:21 #3862

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

It's gotten cold in the Windy City and it's been effecting me all weekend. It's the first week of my luteal phase and I'm tired and cranky. My weeks continue to be full and feel stressful. I've got a friend in the hospital, my boyfriend had the stomach flu, and work has been busy. I seem to be particularly sensitive to weather changes lately too - feeling more tired and having a hard time getting up.

I'm going to force myself to hit the gym the next 3 days till my period starts Wed or Thursday.

I'm still dairy free. I've been eating tortilla chips and having a Soy Decadent coconut milk "ice cream" sandwich every night. I've been eating whole grains, apples, pistachios, cashews, hummus and chicken all week. Drinking grapefruit and orange juices, water, espresso (1 or 2 double shots a day) and around 2 glasses of soy milk a day (plain, chocolate and mocha flavors). I definitely need to add more veggies this week. I skipped my vitamins a couple times (forgot).

The weekend wasn't super busy, but I still feel tired. Feel like the cold kept me from feeling really rested.

I haven't been writing down my food this weekend like I usually do. I wrote down yesterday's, this morning, and today's, just now. Usually I write it down within an hour of eating.

I ran 4x this week, continued to walk the dog 1.2 miles before work and 2.5 miles yesterday, and lost another 1.5 lbs this week.

Going to make an effort to eat more veggies and less "cheat" foods like the tortillas and CMFT sandwiches.

Have a great week and stay warm.
Turtle

Read my [url=view_topic.php?id=1376&forum_id=5]introduction[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1380&forum_id=7]week 1[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1381&forum_id=7]week 2[/url], week 3 , or week 4 .

Turtle's Journey - week 5 17 Nov 2008 12:18 #3863

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
[user=597]Turtle[/user] wrote:

Hello all,

It's gotten cold in the Windy City and it's been effecting me all weekend. It's the first week of my luteal phase and I'm tired and cranky. My weeks continue to be full and feel stressful. I've got a friend in the hospital, my boyfriend had the stomach flu, and work has been busy. I seem to be particularly sensitive to weather changes lately too - feeling more tired and having a hard time getting up.

I'm going to force myself to hit the gym the next 3 days till my period starts Wed or Thursday.

I'm still dairy free. I've been eating tortilla chips and having a Soy Decadent coconut milk "ice cream" sandwich every night. (you should really cut these back due to all the processed sugar)

I've been eating whole grains, apples, pistachios, cashews, hummus and chicken all week. ( Cashews are not really part of the okay foods on the diet either due to their fat profile, pistachios, almonds, are good...save the cashews for the follicular phase if you really like them) Drinking grapefruit and orange juices, water, espresso (1 or 2 double shots a day) and around 2 glasses of soy milk a day (plain, chocolate and mocha flavors watch the sugar content in the chocolate). I definitely need to add more veggies this week. I skipped my vitamins a couple times (forgot).

The weekend wasn't super busy, but I still feel tired. Feel like the cold kept me from feeling really rested.

I haven't been writing down my food this weekend like I usually do. I wrote down yesterday's, this morning, and today's, just now. Usually I write it down within an hour of eating.

I ran 4x this week, continued to walk the dog 1.2 miles before work and 2.5 miles yesterday, and lost another 1.5 lbs this week.

Going to make an effort to eat more veggies and less "cheat" foods like the tortillas and CMFT sandwiches. Good, you're sugar intake looks pretty high.

Have a great week and stay warm.
Turtle

Read my [url=view_topic.php?id=1376&forum_id=5]introduction[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1380&forum_id=7]week 1[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1381&forum_id=7]week 2[/url], week 3 , or week 4 .

Hi Turtle,

Good job on the exercise....you need to cut down on the sugar and increase vegetables. Time to stop cheating. It also looks like your saturated fats and fat profiles could be a little high as well. But if you can add more vegetables and cut back on the sugar and cashews you'll have a much better time of it.

I'm sorry to hear your friend is in the hospital. I hope he'll be alright. Stress can also have a negative affect on your mood. DON"T FORGET YOUR VITAMINS and MINERALS. This is the time of the cycle you're using them a bit faster.

Have a good week, and stay warm......you may also want to look into a full spectrum light or lamp, it sounds like you could be also suffering from Seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Many woman with PMS/PMDD seem to be affected by the change of seasons more so in the winter months due to low levels of vitamin D. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds