Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turtle's Journey - week 7

Turtle's Journey - week 7 01 Dec 2008 05:00 #3864

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday with family and friends.

Today's the last day of November, and as of this morning, I lost 6 lbs this month! That's 11 lbs in 7 weeks, since I started eating this way. I'm very excited. I'm at what I call my college "fat" weight, I put fat in quotes because it really wasn't that fat. I'm very excited. I'm hoping to lose another 4 before going home for Christmas. That's in 3 weeks. If I increase my veggies and stop the ok cheats, I'll be golden.

Thanksgiving was a very nice day. I stayed dairy-free. Had some Sour Braten and made sweet potatoes with margarine (earth's promise?), which I checked and was dairy free. I tried to make the sweet potatoes with less sugar too.

Ate at Rose's Wheat free Cafe in Evanston, IL last Tuesday and I was very happy. Service was lacking, but the food was great. Cleaned my plate! The chicken sandwich was yummy. French rolls (dairy-free version) were good. I bought a loaf of challah and millet bread and both aren't bad. Made french toast with the challah and a pb&j with banana sandwich with the millet bread. Happy to have the option of a sandwich again.

Had 3 servings total of the Sour Braten, including the leftovers. My mother-in-law was wonderful and put a portion aside for me, since the sauce usually has milk or sour cream added to it. She was very thoughtful of my no-dairy restriction and was more upset with my forgetting the coconut milk ice cream at home than I was.

I enjoyed 3 nice runs outside this weekend and spent a lot of Thanksgiving outdoors between walking the dog and running - it was a beautiful sunny day.

Thanksgiving and today I am in a good mood. Cheery, getting stuff done, laughing, busy but not stressed out. Friday and Saturday I was anxious and frustrated, but I think I know why. Friday I spent the day knitting and let's just say knitting makes an unhappy Turtle. I spent Friday night planning the rest of my weekend and felt great again. Saturday morning I was stressed, but my morning was very scheduled and I was behind. I was rolling with it, adjusting my to do, but I still felt stressed and agitated. Again, not sure my mood was because of what I was eating or just normal reaction to stressful situations/choices. I have to expect to get stressed and agitated sometimes - can't be happy-go-lucky all the time, right?

It's all an experiment. Once again, will try to increase my veggies and reduce my sugar intake. Only ate Chipotle once this week and no chips! But I did eat a pint of CMFT (mocha almond fudge) this holiday weekend - oops!

Have a wonderful week.
Turtle

Read my [url=view_topic.php?id=1376&forum_id=5]introduction[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1380&forum_id=7]week 1[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1381&forum_id=7]week 2[/url], week 3 , week 4 , week 5 , week 6 .

Turtle's Journey - week 7 01 Dec 2008 12:30 #3865

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Turtle,

Great update! It really sounds like you're doing well considering a few indulgences here and there, which can't be helped around the holidays I know. It also sounds like you're starting to understand what foods may be making you cranky. Keeping up with more vegetables and fruits will help. I know I ask you every week, but how are you keeping up with your vitamins and minerals?

Was the bread you bought at Rose's all gluten-free by chance? That will be interesting to see how you do with less gluten as well.

Wow 11 pounds in 7 weeks is GREAT (hope you really needed to lose it)

Turtle you are a wonderful writer I love your descriptions.

Turtle's Journey - week 7 04 Dec 2008 17:53 #3866

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Turtle!  Thanks again for your encouragement. 

I agree with Debra - you are a wonderful writer.  It's fun to read your blog! 

It sounds like you had an awesome holiday weekend.  Way to go!  11 pounds?!  Wow!  Great job on all that exercise!  Your food sounds yummy!  I forgot about PB and banana sandwiches.  THanks for the reminder! 

What a sweet MIL you have! 

You cracked me up about the knitting making you not happy. 

Great job and keep up the good work!  I can't wait to read more!

Michelle
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds