Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turtle's Journey - week 8

Turtle's Journey - week 8 07 Dec 2008 22:49 #3869

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm feeling much more sensitive to the cold and winter weather. I really dislike it. I've been having a nice weekend avoiding going out. Woke up yesterday in a good mood because it was 30 degrees outside and it snowed. Took the dog for a nice hour walk outside in it. Today? It was 8.5 degrees at 7 am, 9.5 degrees at 8:30am. It was around 13 degrees when I did take the dog out. It wasn't windy so it wasn't so bad. This is the 2nd day this week it's been this cold. Friday was 10 degrees when I had to walk the dog. Soon as I saw the single digit temp, I got cranky. February cold in December is not cool.

Friday was the first night I wished I could just order some pizza. If I wasn't doing nondairy I think I would have. The nondairy rule is the one I make sure not to break, by default I keep pretty close to all the rules since most sweets and processed foods have dairy.

I managed all my runs this week while at work so I wouldn't have to go to the gym this weekend (my gym is near my office not my home). It was a full week, seems they've all been a lot lately. I need to figure out how to give myself some reward. Friday it was two macaroons and a soy latte after work.

My mother started eating better this week. Avoiding bread and potatoes and all the crap she usually eats. Friday night and Saturday she went off and today she's anxious and agitated. She's motivated to eat better again because all week she felt so good and she believes she feels bad today 'cause of the sugar and alcohol and fatty foods she had on Friday and Saturday. I'm excited for her and want to encourage her in every way. When I'm home for Christmas I'm going to encourage her to eat even healthier, since I don't plan to cheat until Christmas eve and day.

Yesterday was the first day I had digestive problems. I went to breakfast and ordered an 2 egg sandwich with hickory smoked bacon (cheat), spinach on an everything bagel with fruit on the side. I had some oj, a soy latte and some sweet potato fries (cheat). I think that the kitchen was extra careful for it to be dairy free, even the waiter said so when he brought out the plate. About 90 minutes after eating I had to go urgently. I had my normal BM then what seemed like a second BM of sludge. (sorry! Gross!). Too much fat, too much food?

I had a question about my vitamins. I'm taking AM/PM vitamins (numbers match time day) getting 400mg/600mg calcium, 200IU/600IU vitamin D, 25mg x2 Ester-C, 2mg/0.5mg Folic Acid and 25mg/12.5mg Vitamin B6 in each pill, plus 650mg Omega 3 (DHA & EPA 550mg, ALA 100mg) 10mg LA and 50IU Vitamin E twice a day. Should I take another multivitamin to get all the other minerals like Zinc and Magnesium and stuff?

It's the end of week 8 for me, but I have 2 more weeks to complete 2 cycles. Next week is week one of my Luteal phase. I'm not feeling as fly-high great as I did the first two weeks, but life has been stressful. And my nature is to push, push, push, push. The fact I have felt fine, good most of the time despite all this stress and I haven't had a single flip out crying jag is all the proof I need that eating this way is working. I've been supportive, taking on more, helping, cooking, cleaning, rolling with it, and laughing on the most difficult of days. My sense of humor (laughing when things go bad) is back. And I seem lighter to those around me. We'll see what symptoms and how bad occur the next two weeks. Going to be extra strict in hopes it'll make them feel like just any other week. Oh, and I've lost 12 lbs!

Have a wonderful week. Stay warm if you're someplace cold!
Turtle

Read my [url=view_topic.php?id=1376&forum_id=5]introduction[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1380&forum_id=7]week 1[/url], [url=view_topic.php?id=1381&forum_id=7]week 2[/url], week 3 , week 4 , week 5 , week 6 , or week 7 .

Turtle's Journey - week 8 08 Dec 2008 13:54 #3870

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Turtle,

Congratulations on your week 8! Yeah, it's really cold in Chicago, I flew through yesterday and stood on the Jetway for 10 minutes waiting for my carry on bag in 13 degrees...brrrrrrrr. Thankfully I stayed on the plane longer because I knew people would be lined up.

I have to get to the south in the winter just because for the reasons you mention. We tend to run very very low on vitamin D about right now so it helps charge up the D stores. You may also want to think about a little more vitamin D, up to 2,000 IU's a day. Have you ever had your levels checked? That may be something you'll want to talk with your Primary Doc.

As far as other vitamins you'll need, as long as you are eating a balanced diet of vegetables, beans and whole grains you should be OK. Now if you want to try a little magnesium to see if you feel better that might be a good idea. 100 mg/day would be good. You can take zinc but if you eat lots a few extra nuts- almonds, walnuts, and seeds like pumpkin seeds you'll get enough zinc.

It's better to get zinc from foods than a supplement.

Okay....think about the foods you ate when you had your urgency-to-the-bathroom...this is a very clear sign. There is something you're reacting to in the list of foods you had for breakfast. Eggs, wheat, sulfites in the bacon? These are sticking out to me as potential problems. Avoid them for a while, possibly even for the next couple of weeks as you make your way through the late luteal phase.

Great job....I like how you confess your cheating, it shows you're honest with yourself. ;) great job. Keep up the good work.

Turtle's Journey - week 8 08 Dec 2008 15:54 #3871

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Debra!

I think the digestive trouble was too much food and high fat content of two yolks and bacon and fried food. I'm assuming the bagel was dairy free since commercial bagels are. I haven't had fried foods and this much food at once. I've been eating wheat without issue and eggs too. I was fine the rest of the day and since.

I eat almonds several times a week, so I won't worry about the zinc.

Cheated last night and had a few sips of wine. Didn't finish the glass though. It was a very old, very nice bottle of wine my friend decided to open, so I had some. I will be monitoring myself tomorrow and the rest of the week to see how much it effects me. I've got my fingers crossed.

Have a great week.
Turtle

Turtle's Journey - week 8 08 Dec 2008 23:51 #3872

• Turtle
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Okay...great to know. ;)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds