Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Cycle Diet -- Fertility & Nutrition Issues

The Cycle Diet -- Fertility & Nutrition Issues 10 Mar 2006 16:19 #8745

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I'm not surprised to hear from the many women who've followed the Cycle Diet and become pregnant. The right nutrition is so important when you're trying to conceive (TTC) Mother nature knows when the body can fully support a fetus or if the time is not quite right.

If you are trying to conceive and having a hard time, why not add the Cycle Diet to your strategies. Getting the right nutrients increases your fertility health as well as supporting a healthy pregnancy.

Understandably infertility is a very complicated issue, with many contributing factors. Nutrition is just one piece of the puzzle, but also one of the easiest to remedy. Give your body at least 3 months to respond to correct nutrition. And as always please inform your physician when attempting any self-help program.

Feel free to talk about your struggles or attempts to become pregnant. I'll be posting new information about how nutrition effects fertility daily so come back often.

Questions about how nutrition are always welcome as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you

The Cycle Diet -- Fertility & Nutrition Issues 23 May 2006 15:55 #8746

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
[color=blue:2bfd5b7445]You will also see this post under research, but I thought I'd post it here too.[/color:2bfd5b7445]

A new suspect in infertility may be as close as your refrigerator. Dairy products contain lactose, which must be broken down into two simple sugars--glucose and galactose--during digestion.

[b:2bfd5b7445]Galactose, Cows Milk and Fertility[/b:2bfd5b7445]

It appears that galactose may not be friendly to ovaries. Daniel Cramer, MD, at Harvard Medical School has conducted ongoing research studying the effects of dairy consumption and associated damage to the ovaries, specifically in the area of ovarian cancer. Looking at Cramer's research, and that of others, Neal Barnard, MD, has concluded that because galactose has been associated with increased risk of ovarian cancer we can assume its toxicity may also interfer with fertility.

Compounding the problem, some women have low levels of the enzyme needed to break apart this sugar and galactose builds up dangerously. Reduce your consumption of "milk, ice cream, and cottage cheese, which are loaded with galactose," says Barnard. "There is plenty of highly absorbable calcium in green leafy vegetables, beans, enriched flour, and fortified juices."

From Better Nutrition 11/2000

The Cycle Diet -- Fertility & Nutrition Issues 02 May 2007 14:30 #8747

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
bump for TTC

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds