Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: hot chocolate

hot chocolate 13 Jan 2009 15:36 #3889

• kbowden
  • kbowden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I really miss hot chocolate.  Are there ant kinds that might work ok to drink on this diet?

hot chocolate 13 Jan 2009 16:11 #3890

• kbowden
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
[user=613]kbowden[/user] wrote:

I really miss hot chocolate.  Are there ant kinds that might work ok to drink on this diet?

Boy that's a loaded question and hard to give an answer without knowing what your situation is so....it depends on if you have a problem with chocolate, dairy or sugar. The pat answer would be to avoid hot chocolate all together if you're just starting the Cycle Diet and wait to reintroduce it after a couple cycles in the follicular phase.

So in lew of saying that, for those of you who want to follow your own plan anyway here are a few things to think about:

1) As long as you don't have a problem with chocolate you should be okay to use 100% coco in an unsweetened dairy alternative (especially during the luteal phase)...don't use any ready to mix product!!! They usually contain a large amount of sugar from high fructose corn syrup and a ton of preservatives, anti-caking agents which could be a real problem for some who may be allergic/sensitive.

2) Be careful with a lot of soy milks they contain a lot of sugar. You could try unsweetened soy milk (as long as you don't have a problem with soy or hypothyroid)

3) If you have an autoimmune condition you should stay away from artificial sweetener...agave and stevia are okay

Hope that helps a little :)

hot chocolate 15 Jan 2009 20:09 #3891

• kbowden
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I make my kids hot chocolate...using rice milk, organic cocoa and a little bit of honey mixed in and they really love it!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds