Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: hot chocolate

hot chocolate 13 Jan 2009 15:36 #3889

• kbowden
  • kbowden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I really miss hot chocolate.  Are there ant kinds that might work ok to drink on this diet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

hot chocolate 13 Jan 2009 16:11 #3890

• kbowden
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
[user=613]kbowden[/user] wrote:

I really miss hot chocolate.  Are there ant kinds that might work ok to drink on this diet?

Boy that's a loaded question and hard to give an answer without knowing what your situation is so....it depends on if you have a problem with chocolate, dairy or sugar. The pat answer would be to avoid hot chocolate all together if you're just starting the Cycle Diet and wait to reintroduce it after a couple cycles in the follicular phase.

So in lew of saying that, for those of you who want to follow your own plan anyway here are a few things to think about:

1) As long as you don't have a problem with chocolate you should be okay to use 100% coco in an unsweetened dairy alternative (especially during the luteal phase)...don't use any ready to mix product!!! They usually contain a large amount of sugar from high fructose corn syrup and a ton of preservatives, anti-caking agents which could be a real problem for some who may be allergic/sensitive.

2) Be careful with a lot of soy milks they contain a lot of sugar. You could try unsweetened soy milk (as long as you don't have a problem with soy or hypothyroid)

3) If you have an autoimmune condition you should stay away from artificial sweetener...agave and stevia are okay

Hope that helps a little :)

hot chocolate 15 Jan 2009 20:09 #3891

• kbowden
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I make my kids hot chocolate...using rice milk, organic cocoa and a little bit of honey mixed in and they really love it!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds