Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: skim milk

skim milk 31 Jan 2009 06:16 #3896

• Dee Ann
  • Dee Ann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I will be starting the cycle diet and was wondering if I could drink skim milk in both phases instead of soy.

skim milk 31 Jan 2009 13:31 #3897

• Dee Ann
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Dee Ann! 

Yes you can use organic skim milk but non-dairy is recommended for best results, especially when you are first starting out. Many women with PMDD are lactose intolerant and/or sensitive to the casein protein in dairy which tends to be a problem in the luteal phase when the intestines become more permeable due to high hormone levels. You can always add organic dairy back in the follicular phase and look for GI responses like gas. If you have lots of gas with dairy you most likely are lactose intolerant and therefore should avoid dairy for better menstrual and ovary health. Undigested lactose can cause problems for the ovaries. see these research studies .

If you have any underlying autoimmune condition the undigested dairy or gluten proteins (peptides) can also be a problem because we understand the gut is considerably more permeable with inflammation. See this study by Dr. Fasano

Is there any autoimmune diseases or syndromes in your family history? Have you been diagnosed with IBS, IBD, Endometriosis, PCOS, fibromyalgia? You can look at this list for the top 64 autoimmune diseases .

skim milk 31 Jan 2009 21:53 #3898

• Dee Ann
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi , I guess I was referring to regular fat free milk not organic. So i'm taking that as a no no. I am not lactose intolerant however. Just wanting to know if this makes a difference.

skim milk 31 Jan 2009 22:28 #3899

• Dee Ann
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
[user=612]Dee Ann[/user] wrote:

Hi , I guess I was referring to regular fat free milk not organic. So i'm taking that as a no no. I am not lactose intolerant however. Just wanting to know if this makes a difference.

Regular skim milk is a no-no....:D
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds