Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Peanut Wonder

Peanut Wonder 11 Mar 2009 19:50 #3905

• bethie44
  • bethie44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What do you think of this product and others like it? It says 85% less fat than peanut butter, 0 trans fats, all natural, etc. I also noticed that it has less than half the protein of regular peanut butter, though. I haven't been sure how good this stuff actually is, so I've just been sticking to natural peanut butter.

~Beth

Peanut Wonder 11 Mar 2009 20:16 #3906

• bethie44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Beth,

Thank you very much for pointing out a new product....I've not seen  Peanut wonder  before. So here's the test.

1) How much more does it cost than natural peanut butter?

2) Are you wanting to cut calories and love peanut butter, you can have more of this product for the same calories so protein might not be a problem if you're looking at it as a source of protein.

3) Do you need to cut the fat from your diet, due to high cholesterol, triglycerides, liver problems?

4) Does it taste good? Do you like it better than natural PB?

Ingredient wise they're adding soy to a non-soy product so anyone with a problem with soy should be ware. I like the idea of regular cane syrup vs. HFCS and hydrogenated vegetable oils. Tapioca would be fine and would then act as a binder-thickener so it doesn't separate.

So I'll have to leave the decision up to you on whether or not you want to use this product. I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Here's a suggestion or solution for you if all you want to do is reduce the oil/fat from natural peanut butter....just pour some of the oil off the top after it has separated. You'll reduce the fat and keep the protein levels. :D

Peanut Wonder 12 Mar 2009 01:15 #3907

• bethie44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! I do really like it, but I wanted to make sure that I was making a good choice. I am trying to cut calories, and I'm addicted to peanut butter! I don't like it quite as much as natural peanut butter, but I like it enough to use it instead at least some of the time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds