Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this normal

Is this normal 04 Apr 2009 18:41 #3908

• Rachelle
  • Rachelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I just found your site 2 days ago and I am very hopeful.  Thank You.

Wanted to add during my pregnancy I ate VERY similar to the Cycle Diet.  My body would just not let me have sugar, grease or a lot of meat.  I lost 25lbs during my pregnancy.  AMAZING. 

My question is... I have been doing the diet for 2 days and I am having normal withdrawl symptoms of fatigue and headaches.  When I do not have a headache I am feeling this pressure in my head...in the back and I am not medically educated but my brain is feeling this non stop.  At the risk of sounding stupid can this be a gland or hormone related?  is it normal or should I be concerned?

I am very hopeful the diet will work for me...my pregnancy was bliss and the PMS and possible PMDD I have experienced since giving birth is like NONE OTHER.  I wish I would have recognised this before and am very glad to have some hope this will take care of it. 

Is this normal 04 Apr 2009 21:45 #3909

• Rachelle
  • Rachelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Rachelle,

It's funny when women with PMS get pregnant the relief they find from it is amazing. Then once they give birth, PMS tends to get worse afterwards for many reasons. There are several theories: reset on hormone receptors, high hormones triggering an autoimmune condition in someone with a predisposition or a repression of the immune system in women with an autoimmune condition. It really depends on the individual. 

There are many women with PMDD with food intolerances prior to pregnancy that also escalate after giving birth. Pregnancy can rob moms with already low levels of essential fatty acids, calcium and other minerals.

If you look into your family medical history...check for anyone who suffers from an autoimmune condition, food intolerances or allergies and you'll discover you may just have inherited the same or related condition. If you did well eating a healthy diet while pregnant than you will do well again.

Please take a look around the board and especially in the autoimmune condition forum for a list of the top 64 .

Good luck with the diet and please let us know how you do with your next cycle.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds