Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grassroots vitamin D home test

Grassroots vitamin D home test 28 Feb 2009 13:25 #3910

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
The majority of my clients with autoimmune syndromes as well as PMS/PMDD were severely vitamin D deficient when tested.

There is a consortium of scientists that believe everyone should be checked for vitamin D deficiency in order to avoid a number of illnesses and disease. If your doctor or insurance company refuses to pay for this basic blood test, this home test is very reasonably priced at ($30 old price) - now $40 with testing twice a year. I'm joining today, I encourage you all to join as well.

http://www.grassrootshealth.net/

A Consortium of Scientists, Institutions and Individuals Committed to Solving the Worldwide Vitamin D Deficiency Epidemic

Scientists are calling for a standard vitamin D intake of 2000 IU/day and the achievement of a serum level of 40-60 ng/ml. Scientists' Call to Action.

GrassrootsHealth has launched a worldwide public health campaign to solve the vitamin D deficiency epidemic in a year through a focus on testing and education with all individuals spreading the word.

Everyone is invited to join in this campaign! Join Daction and test two times per year during a 5 year program to demonstrate the public health impact of this nutrient.

$30 and a quick health survey allows everyone to

• get a vitamin D blood spot test kit to be used at home (except in the state of New York)
  • have the results sent directly to them
  • take action to adjust their own levels to get to the desired ranges with whatever help is needed from their healthcare practitioners.
With only 100 people joining up today, and getting 2 friends to join in 2 weeks (and those 2 friends getting 2 more), by week 42, there could be 400,000,000 people who are vitamin D ‘replete’! (more than the United States population)

Find out what your vitamin D level is and take corrective action if necessary for your health.

Click here for more information on D*action

Grassroots vitamin D home test 28 Feb 2009 13:48 #3911

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
University California San Diago put some excellent presentations on Vitamin D on youtube. I encourage you all to put a bit of time into your busy schedules to watch and learn.

Vitamin D and Diabetes-Can we prevent it?

(#15771; 48 minutes; 2/25/2009)
Can vitamin D help prevent certain cancers and other diseases such as type 1 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and certain autoimmune and chronic diseases? To answer these questions and more, UCSD School of Medicine and GrassrootsHealth bring you this innovative series on vitamin D deficiency. Join nationally recognized experts as they discuss the latest research and its implications. In this program, Frank Garland, PhD, discusses vitamin D and the opportunity for prevention of diabetes To view hit this link to UCSD-TV youtube presentation

Grassroots vitamin D home test 07 Nov 2009 16:01 #3912

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sending in my second blood spot sample, I noticed the price has gone up on this test/study to $40, it's still a bargin and you help out with an important study.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds