Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oatmeal

Oatmeal 03 Mar 2009 15:10 #3917

• bethie44
  • bethie44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I wanted oatmeal this morning, and I had to guess on how to make it a balanced breakfast. I had one packet Quaker weight control oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 6 oz. low fat sugar free yogurt. Was this good or should I do something different next time? Thanks.

~Beth

Oatmeal 03 Mar 2009 15:16 #3918

• bethie44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Beth,

Instant oatmeal is not recommended on the Cycle Diet sorry- it's too processed and contains too much sodium and preservatives. Just buy regular old fashion oats (verifed gluten free if you're gluten-free)

Blueberries are good but...... if your sugar-free yogurt contains aspartame you'll want to avoid it. Splenda is okay as long as you don't have IBS or other GI problems. Avoid dairy if you're in the luteal phase.

Oatmeal 03 Mar 2009 15:38 #3919

• bethie44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay, thanks. I'm not in the luteal phase right now.

Oatmeal 03 Mar 2009 15:44 #3920

• bethie44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I meant to ask- Do you have some good suggestions for yogurt brands that are sugar-free (or low-sugar) but don't contain aspartame? Also, do you have ideas to make the old-fashioned oats tastier? I would say cinnamon and vanilla.

Oatmeal 03 Mar 2009 16:33 #3921

• bethie44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Beth,

Yes, buy low fat plain yogurt and add your own sweetener to it. Agave is a good one or even a little honey or stevia. You can even make your own yogurt and let it ferment longer than they do in commercial brands if you can handle the tang.

It's very hard to recommend any particular brand since some of the best are regional. Just read the labels and select organic plain. I do like Silk soy yogurt but I avoid dairy most of the time since I'm lactose intolerant. 

Oat meal is oat meal, I like mine with a tablespoon of molasses, vanilla soy milk and walnuts. :D

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds