Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Migraine

Migraine 08 Nov 2009 09:10 #3972

• vethomson
  • vethomson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
some great info to work on. thanks for your diligence.

little query:

if the cycle plan recommends a certain I.U or mg quantity, should we go with that and ignore the recommendations on the bottle?

for some of the supplements, the manufacturer would have me taking 2 tablets a day, but to get your recommended dose it would be 3 tablets.

is that a stupid question? sorry if i'm bugging the hell out of you!:?

Migraine 08 Nov 2009 13:45 #3973

• vethomson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
This is an excellent question V,

As far as vitamin D is concerned we now understand the RDA or DRI is substantially lower than what the REAL recommendation should be. So yes please do 1,000 -2,000 IU's of vitamin D a day in the WINTER months. The current recommendation will be changed in the next round of vitamin standards through the National Academy of Science & Medicine. 

Please don't worry about asking questions, that's what this forum is all about.

I like to add up all sources of calcium, some are better than others. Most supplements don't take this into consideration and of course the more you take of their supplement the more you buy.

So as an example:

Breakfast: you drink a 4 -8 oz milk or a calcium fortified milk substitute with gluten-free cereal (200-300mg) or 4 oz calcium fortified OJ with omelet 150mg, 2 eggs have 50gm of calcium (200mg)

Lunch- est: 1 cup spinach/lettuce salad, 4 oz turkey, fruit (spinach contributes another 100 mg calcium, turkey or chicken contribute 50mg) 200mg if you cook the spinach. Or say you eat a white fish for lunch, again a fairly good source of calcium with other nutrients depending on the fish we're looking at 50-200mg of calcium.

snack... maybe a soy yogurt or coconut milk yogurt...we're looking at again a fortified product for 150-300 mg

Dinner: 1 cup Broccoli (50mg), mix veggies (50mg), maybe a baked potato (30mg) and chicken or fish (50mg) maybe a veggie bean chili (100mg)

So through out the day you're getting anywhere from 600-800mg of calcium in food. I like to subtract that amount from a recommended 1,000-1,200mg a day for women. If you take just one 600mg tablet you'll meet the recommended 1,000-1,200mg's. If you take two 600mg you'll be getting 1,800 -2,000mg.

Now a question for you...what does your supplement say you should take?

Migraine 10 Nov 2009 08:56 #3974

• vethomson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
each calcium supplement is 600mg and it says to take 2 a day.

here is the list of what i take daily. please feel free to tell me if i am messing up lol:

FLAXSEED OIL CAPSULET. 1000mg: 1 per day

OMEGA3 FISH OIL CAPSULET. 360mg: 1 per day

ACIDOPHILLIUS: 1 per day

PRIMROSE OIL. 1000mg: 3 per day

MAGNESIUM. 250mg: 1 per day

CALCIUM.600mg: 2 per day

VITAMIN D3.  400 I.U's: 3 per day

thanks as ever, for both your emotional and practical support. it shows how well things ar going when, 3 days before my period, i can still be researching this. i used to be suicidal at this point. wow, it truly is a mind blowing turn around.

Migraine 10 Nov 2009 13:58 #3975

• vethomson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
[user=689]vethomson[/user] wrote:

each calcium supplement is 600mg and it says to take 2 a day.

here is the list of what i take daily. please feel free to tell me if i am messing up lol:

FLAXSEED OIL CAPSULET. 1000mg: 1 per day -- this is ALA okay at 1

OMEGA3 FISH OIL CAPSULET. 360mg: 1 per day-- this is EPA & DHA, up this to 2

ACIDOPHILLIUS: 1 per day (okay)

PRIMROSE OIL. 1000mg: 3 per day- this is GLA & ALA-- drop to 1 per day, Primrose oil is mostly omega 6 not omega 3, I like to see higher omega 3 to 6 ratio.

MAGNESIUM. 250mg: 1 per day (okay)

CALCIUM.600mg: 2 per day - drop to 1 after 3 months and keep up the fruits and vegetables

VITAMIN D3.  400 I.U's: 3 per day (good)

thanks as ever, for both your emotional and practical support. it shows how well things ar going when, 3 days before my period, i can still be researching this. i used to be suicidal at this point. wow, it truly is a mind blowing turn around.

Good news...keep up the good work!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds