Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question from Leah

Question from Leah 08 Jan 2010 18:53 #3980

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Leah,

I moved your question here:

I guess when it comes to food in general, I have an idea of what to eat, but for the most part am completely lost. I get bored easily and hate eating the same thing day in and day out...
For frozen veggies... once I make them, how long are they typically good for, any good storage ideas to keep them better longer? What do you think of the Green Giant single serve steamer bags? Most of them have some kind of butter sauce though...

I will definitely continue to check out the rest of the site for more ideas. Thanks again!!!!
[/color][/font][/size]

Frozen vegetables, after cooked are good for a couple of days in the refrigerator, however the beauty of frozen vegetables is you need only use what you want to eat for the meal. Otherwise cooked vegetables last a couple of days in the fridge. The longer they sit there the more vitamins they lose so don't over cook them and thaw out only what you  need.

I haven't yet seen the Green Giant "single serve steamer bags" yet but it sounds like an expensive way to eat frozen vegetables. However, they'd be a great way to take vegetables to work or school without having to repackage or mix them with something else. I know of some people who hate having foods touch eachother on a plate. :D I'm not a fan of the sauces they put on them so stick to plain frozen veggies. Most sauces add a ton of fat and calories. READ THE LABEL

Question from Leah 08 Jan 2010 19:02 #3981

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Awesome!

Thanks!

Question from Leah 08 Jan 2010 19:07 #3982

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Leah,

you might want to read the edited post...didn't know you were on. I'm bad at answering fully sometimes.:D so I go back and add more information through editing.

Question from Leah 08 Jan 2010 20:11 #3983

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It's ok, I bounce on and off throughout the day.:)

Yeah, today I actually had a mix of yellow carrots, white navy beans and chopped spinach in a garlic butter sauce.
Turns out this package is actually 2 servings (the other one i tried was not a bag, and it was a single serving).
Some of the counts on that particular dish for the whole bag were 180 Calories, 5gm Fat, 28 Carbs, 4gm Protein...
They are sooooo super handy for work! And I actually get some veggies in... normally I don't.

In some circumstances I don't mind foods touching each other, but if it involves gravys and sauces and what not, I don't want that on some foods. :)

I kind of figured the sauces would do me in...:P
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds