Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New with questions!

New with questions! 27 Oct 2010 19:15 #4003

• suz
  • suz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello!  I am new here with many questions!  I've been doing this diet faithfully for 5 weeks.  Well, I have had scrambled eggs and a few glasses of wine but other than that I've been gluten, dairy, sugar and coffee free.   It's been very hard because I don't eat meat or poultry.   

I've already seen BIG changes.  Instead of 3 bad weeks per cycle it's down to 4 1/2 days.  I usually become mean, angry, mildly depressed, impatient and overall cranky on my bad days.  Is it possible to get those bad days down to zero?  I'm very happy with the improvement but those 4 days are hard on my family and I'm certainly not a fan. 

Other questions I have... 

Eggs are a good protein source for me.  Could they be a contributing factor?  Wine?

Lastly, I've replaced sugar with dates.  I am eating a lot of dates.  Is this ok?  They are all sugar.  Also, are fruit juice sweetened foods ok?

I'm so happy I found this website and diet.  I was considering birth control bills as that was my doctors answer.  I was desperate!

Thank you!

Susan

New with questions! 27 Oct 2010 20:27 #4004

• suz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Suz,

Congratulations on your success with just 5 weeks, you should notice more improvements on your next cycle, even with a few ounces of wine. However saying that, there are some women who cannot tolerate even a small amount of alcohol so should stay away from it entirely-in both phases.  

Eggs are another top 8 food allergens so if you notice any symptoms after you eat them, it's possible you might have a sensitivity to eggs. The best way to know is to either get tested or order the stool test.

I sure hope you were screened for Celiac prior to going gluten-free.

Good luck on your next cycle too! So glad you let me know how you're doing. Keep up the good work.

Forgot to answer about dates...yes they do contain a lot of sugar, but as long as you don't suffer from yeast infections or even a bacterial infections you should be okay. If you have any kind of yeast problem, you need to give up the dates.

New with questions! 02 Nov 2010 17:34 #4005

• suz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Suz,

Yes, it is possible to get those days down to zero! :) I've been gluten and dairy free now for about 2 months and my last period was great! I only had a little cramping on day 2 of my cycle. It sucks having to give up all the dairy but I've now found this coconut ice cream call Purely Decadent I love it! Here's a link for you, have you found it yet? http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/purely_decadent_Coconut_Milk.html

No more looking like I'm nine months pregnant or sore breasts. I've also noticed I am sleeping better.

Good luck

Amy

New with questions! 04 Nov 2010 17:53 #4006

• suz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your support Debra and Amy!  My little girl had two surgeries within the last 4 weeks so I think I need to give myself a break and be more patient.

Debra, I had a hair analysis years ago and was told that wheat was a problem.  I know that's not very accurate so I am not 100% sure if I am intolerant.  However, one of my girls is and my husband as well so we have no wheat in the house anyway.  I only ate wheat when I was out.  My little girl was tested through EnteroLab and her pediatrician poo poo'd it!  But the proof was how she reacted without wheat in her diet.  My husband psoriasis's completely cleared up once we got the wheat out. 

I really hope I'm not one of those women who cannot tolerate any alcohol!

Amy, That ice cream sounds wonderful.  Thank you!

New with questions! 04 Nov 2010 19:56 #4007

• suz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Suz,

I personally think Dr. Fine of Enterolab is way ahead of his time and has helped many of my clients confirm their gluten sensitivity after they've usually tested negative for Celiac disease. There are aproximately 1 in 133 Celiacs in the US but there are probably 1 in 5 that are gluten sensitive. Many of which remain undiagnosed. Most physicians are barely aware of Celiac disease let alone non-celiac gluten sensitivity. In time we'll have better tests available via serum but for now it's the stool test, the AGA and elimination trial and challange.

I've not seen a lot of the hair anylsis in this country but I do know it's well accepted in some of the European countries. We use hair analysis here for other problems like heavy metal toxication and drug tests so why couldn't it be useful for wheat sensitivity. Unfortuately no one wants to do the necessary research in order for it to be acceptable in the mainstream medical community.

Good luck with your daughter, so sorry she's having health issues. Poor thing. Please let me know how you're getting along. And stay away from gluten 100% and you'll see better results.

New with questions! 02 Dec 2010 13:18 #4008

• suz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Susan,

How are you doing?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds