Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tested, now what?

Tested, now what? 29 Aug 2010 13:15 #4027

• swenzie
  • swenzie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I went yesterday to have them draw blood and I have completed the gluten stool sample. I am still waiting for the calcium/milk sample. What is my next step? I am really hoping that this will work. I feel awful! :X

Tested, now what? 29 Aug 2010 22:04 #4028

• swenzie
  • swenzie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Swenzie,

Good for you....FYI, You only need one sample (of stool) for both the gluten and casein tests. They'll do both tests at the same time. However it usually takes a few weeks to get the results back from enterolabs, they will normally send you an e-mail with results. Your blood test shouldn't take more than a few days to come back, a nurse will call you with the results. Remember you don't necessarily have to test positive for Celiac to be gluten sensitive. Did you ask them for the ANA antibody test? Did they give you any trouble...they shouldn't have, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Be sure and ask your doctor's office for a hard copy of the lab reports so if there are any unusual results you can always get a couple opinions. Keep a notebook with all your labs. If you are retested later by another or different physician then at least you'll have copies for comparisons. The more you learn about where you fall in any range the better.

You are now able to start the diet if you want. Feel free to give me a call tomorrow (Monday) if you want to order a workbook or consult.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds