Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 31 Aug 2010 17:06 #7529

• Sherri
  • Sherri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm on day six of the gulten-free cycle diet and overall I feel great.  I'm less bloated, more attentive and surprisingly am enjoying the food.  I am however experiencing a few discomforts which may be my body adjusting to the new diet...

Day 4 - very somber, lacked energy Is this a gulten withdrawal symptom? (yes, could very well be) glad you're watching for it.

Day 5 - feeling good after each meal however 1-2 hours later I come crashing down and feel very tired.  Am I consuming too much sugar and not enough protein for my body? Maybe

Day 6 - retaining a lot of gas. I take a probotic with every meal.  Is this my body adjusting to more fruits and salads?  Yes, but I don't usually recommend a probiotic with every meal...maybe 2 caps at the most per day.

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 31 Aug 2010 18:31 #7530

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sherri, Thanks for posting!

Don't be surprised, I moved your post into the "Diet Blog" area where we can talk a bit more privately about your diet. Thanks for posting, I will answer any questions you have here, but if you think you can post your daily foods (everyday for a while) along with reactions, feelings etc...the better picture I will have with what's going on with you. Does that make sense? Sorry sometimes I ramble.

1) you may be consuming too much sugar or eating too many GF processed foods. hard to tell when you're not telling me what you're eating ;)

2) Did you check your pro-biotic to make sure it didn't contain dairy? If you have a problem with dairy it may show up when you take these.

3) Also...if you combine a probiotic with too many sugary foods, or if you have a candida problem (too many yeast) they will feast on these carbohydrates/sugars...producing a lot of gas. Check your bottle ingredients to make sure. maybe cut back on the dose and see if that helps.

Sherri, just hit the reply button on this thread and we'll continue...okay. It's nice to keep your questions and comments all in one place. Feel free to comment on anyone elses thread as well.

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 01 Sep 2010 18:28 #7531

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I will check the bottle.  For every gram of carbohydrates is there a certain amount of protein you should have along with it to prevent the sugar spikes?  I would think this is something Diabetics would have to monitor.

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 01 Sep 2010 18:37 #7532

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
How do I know if I have a candida problem?  I get yeast infections quite often, normally right before my period when I've consumed a lot of sugar. Is this one of the symptoms?  Is there a test I have to take to determine if I  do have a problem? A pharmacy assistant once told me over consumption of sugar can lead to a yeast infection.  If I do have a candida problem are there pills I would take to draw the yeast out of my system?  An associate of mines sells an all natural product that's supposed to help with the build up of yeast in the system.

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 01 Sep 2010 18:59 #7533

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
[user=786]Sherri[/user] wrote:

For every gram of carbohydrates is there a certain amount of protein you should have along with it to prevent the sugar spikes?  I would think this is something Diabetics would have to monitor.

Well, yes if you are diabetic you will absolutely need to make sure you count carbs and not go over a certain % per meal. I actually think prediabetics should also be careful about consuming too many refined carbs. Sherri you need to stay away from a lot of processed carbs for the first few cycles. Stick with whole foods and whole GF grains that are naturally low glycemic. Brown rice, sorghum, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, and legumes. I do like the Udi's whole grain bread, which is still rather processed.

It's not just protein consumption that slows carbohydrates down...a little fat does too.

I like to see somewhere between 40-50% carb to 20-30%fat to 15-30% protein for the day. I know this is a wide range.

As far as candida goes...it's a fungus and needs to be fought with an anti-fungal. There are a few OTC products that will help, but you will need to avoid ALL SUGAR to help keep it at bay. I don't have an opinion on the anti candida products...it's up to you but I always say...buyer beware. The FDA doesn't monitor these products.

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 02 Sep 2010 12:27 #7534

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
ok. thank you.

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 02 Sep 2010 18:16 #7535

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sherri, see your answer here:

I'm a bit confused... please confirm...

During the Luteal Phase, take 1 multi-vitamin and 1 flax seed oil caplet at breakfast, 1 flax seed oil or fish oil caplet and calcium tablet at lunch and nothing at dinner.

During the Follicuilar Phase, no supplement at breakfast, 1 flax seed oil or fish oil caplet and calcium tablet at lunch and nothing at dinner.

I see why you may be confused.

You can take your supplements anytime you want :) but I give a suggestion on the best time to take them.

The key is to not take them all together or give your vitamin a two hour window before you take a mineral that may block absorption of other minerals. You can take your fish oil or flax at anytime...I also suggest you take a vitamin D3 cap that will go nicely with the fish or flax oil.

You can take your probiotic with any of the above but make sure it's with food.

Does that help answer your question?

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 03 Sep 2010 17:54 #7536

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This helps... and I'm taking the supplements during both phases correct?

Body Adjusting to Cycle Diet 04 Sep 2010 00:52 #7537

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, that's correct but after a few months you may want to adjust a little. Once winter hits you'll want to up the vitamin D3 to 1,000-2,000IU's a day and switch up the probiotics.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.684 seconds