Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hungry on the cycle diet?

Hungry on the cycle diet? 08 Oct 2010 00:24 #4035

• Georgia
  • Georgia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started following the diet a few weeks ago, and even though I'm eating frequently (5 times a day) and substantial portions I find that most of the time I'm pretty hungry! I'm trying to eat a lot of nuts (keep a stash in my purse) and other protein sources along with the fruits and veggies. Am I missing something?

Hungry on the cycle diet? 08 Oct 2010 02:59 #4036

• Georgia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Georgia,

You shouldn't be hungry on the Cycle Diet, but then again you might be shorting yourself on calories. Do you mind setting up a food log inside the client blog section and posting your foods for a few days so I can get a peek at what you're actually eating. Please list portions in estimates of cups or ounces which makes calorie estimates easier.

One other thing...Are you entering the luteal phase? It's very common to see hunger increase. We actually need 100-300 additional calories in the luteal phase. And of course it's not unusual to have a malabsorption problem and hunger signals increase due to nutrient deficiencies.

Hungry on the cycle diet? 08 Oct 2010 03:27 #4037

• Georgia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Will do!

I only posted today's because the entire week has looked like today. We're going on vacation next week and I didn't want to buy a bunch of food only to have it go bad in the fridge!

Hungry on the cycle diet? 20 Oct 2010 14:39 #4038

• Georgia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi debra

Should I be concerned about my calorie intake during the luteal phase? Since I cannot eat a lot of foods like dairy, soy, nuts, wheat.

Hungry on the cycle diet? 20 Oct 2010 15:22 #4039

• Georgia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Janey, Welcome to the Cycle Diet,

As long as you're replacing the dairy like milk with a good calcium fortified non-dairy substitute and wheat with other non-wheat or gluten-free whole gf grains. You should also be eating plenty of beans, lean meats like chicken, turkey, eggs, and fish.  You can also add an additional 100-300 calories per day in the luteal phase if you get hungry.

Are you IgE allergic to wheat and dairy, soy or are you Celiac with a dairy sensitvity?  Just wondering. Are you a workbook holder?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds