Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Calcium and magnesium

Calcium and magnesium 02 Jun 2011 15:24 #4043

• louisebeecham
  • louisebeecham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello i'd just like to thank you for all your hard work and kindness you are an inspiration to me and lots of other woman i'm sure.

My question is that i am taking a calcium with magnesium at night before bed equal parts. So if i still want to take calcium and magnesium what dose of each should i take? And at what times would you reccomend?

Many Thanks 

Louise Beecham

Calcium and magnesium 02 Jun 2011 17:28 #4044

• louisebeecham
  • louisebeecham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Louise,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I recommend 1,000-1,200mg of calcium and just 100-200mg of magnesium although not at the same time if you can help it.

Spread the calcium over the day so you don't get constipated. If you drink a dairy or non-dairy fortified milk or beverage you need less calcium by the pill. I'm talking 1,000-1,200mg total. It's best to also take calcium and your multi at different times. Try taking multi with breakfast with fish oil or flax oil. Then take your magnesium with snack. All minerals compete for absorption so it's best not to pile them up all at once. You can only absorb about 500mg of calcium at a time anyway.

Does that help answer your question?

You might also want to see this link for more helpful info

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds