Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sleep or the lack thereof......

Sleep or the lack thereof...... 29 Nov 2013 21:15 #9532

• 1870PEARL
  • 1870PEARL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In the past year or so I am no longer able to sleep past 3 a.m. without taking melatonin. In the last 3 months I jog for a half hour at 7 p.m. which seems to drain me enough so that I can sleep with out taking a sleep aide. However, it seems that this was only temporary and now I'm waking up again at 3 and can not get back to sleep until 5 a.m. Will this diet help that?

I am 50 with hot flashes and I'm on the Carb Addicits Diet which seems to be working with the exception of the hormonal swings which have intensified. I am carb senstitive and find that I function best if I eat mostly protein and non starchy veggies for 2 of my primary meals and and one complex carb in addition to my protein and veg at my 3rd meal. I rarely eat fruit unless it is with a proper meal. I do not drink soda, or caffeine, or consume sugar since I'm hypoglycemic. I'm better off with herbal teas or water.

I also walk 12,000 plus steps each day. 4k from my jogging and the other 8k from daily life and walking the dog. 3 days a week I practice yoga which has cured my Planter Fascittis.

And I quit smoking 6 years ago.

My weight is 133.6 lbs and I'm 5'2.

At this time I do not have any other health problems or concerns for which I'm truly thankful.

Thanks for your thoughts. Michaela

Sleep or the lack thereof...... 30 Nov 2013 15:38 #9538

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Hi Pearl,

Were you able to find the links to both phases of the Cycle Diet plan? Please consider doing the gluten-free options. I would also advise you to look into bio-identical hormone therapy.

Sleep or the lack thereof...... 30 Nov 2013 17:54 #9539

• 1870PEARL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I am going to do the Glueten Free. I also have an appt with my GYN in a few weeks. My concern is primarily the fruit. I can manage 2 complex carbs with protein with each meal but I think the fruit might push me over the edge. What are you thoughts about incorporating fruit into my diet?

Sleep or the lack thereof...... 30 Nov 2013 21:42 #9541

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Select low glycemic fruits and berries. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries. They offer big nutrition for small carb load.

Sleep or the lack thereof...... 01 Dec 2013 19:57 #9544

• 1870PEARL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Does this include Raspberries?
Also since I do not have my workbook yet, can you please tell me what is a serving size is for protein?
And is one large Egg considered a single serving size for protein?

Sleep or the lack thereof...... 02 Dec 2013 03:50 #9545

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yes, raspberries are good as well.

1 protein = 3-4 oz of meat or 3-5oz fish, 1 egg or 1/2 cup of beans/legumes or any combination. Since I've upgraded your membership you can view the base menus here: www.cyclediet.com/follicular-phase-diet
and here: www.cyclediet.com/luteal-phase-menu

If you are counting protein grams than look for anywhere between 60 and 85 grams of protein a day, depending on your needs. This includes protein in vegetables and grains, not just meat, fish or eggs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1870PEARL
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds