Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Breakfast Question

Breakfast Question 09 Dec 2017 13:24 #10983

• meghanleah
  • meghanleah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I noticed that in both phases for breakfast it's recommended to have 1 fruit + 1 grain OR 1 protein + veg. I personally need protein with breakfast, but don't always want just protein and veg. Is it OK to have a grain + fruit + protein?

For example, 2 of my favorite breakfasts are oatmeal + poached egg on top (used to have cheese in there as well, but I can skip it) OR oatmeal + banana + peanut butter. Yes this is just fine. My only concern with the oats is that they are purity protocol oats.

Are these combinations still fine for both stages? Weight is not an issue for me. Yes both are just fine, excellent.

Breakfast Question 09 Dec 2017 14:55 #10985

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Please see my comments in your post above in blue. Hope you're okay with me doing that. I think it helps to answer questions right inside the post.

I would like to say, grains do contain protein, and some GF grains/seeds can be a good source of protein, if you are a vegetarian. If you are going to eat oattmeal, try not to go over 1/2 cup per day, and make sure they're purity oats. I personally like and purchase GF Harvest www.amazon.com/GF-Harvest-Gluten-Organic...+organic+rolled+oats
There is also a list of purity oats here: cyclediet.com/forum/the-gluten-free-dair...otocol-oats-via-gfwd
Thanks for your question.

Breakfast Question 10 Dec 2017 10:49 #10989

• meghanleah
  • meghanleah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you. I noticed those oats do not ship outside the US, and I am currently in Norway. We might move back, but until then, we have limited options in a small mountain village!

Breakfast Question 10 Dec 2017 14:42 #10991

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Well, you can only do the best you can. As a celiac dietitian, it would be up your alley to ask how the oats you are eating in Norway are grown. And until you get a solid answer consider cutting back a bit on them. Just my opinion.

Breakfast Question 08 Jan 2018 10:43 #10998

• louisvuitton
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I sincerely feel having egg white for protein.
I eat carrot one full carrot to fill-up my stomach.
That's it for breakfast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds