Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEWBIE! 3 x calcium + EFA tablets per day?

NEWBIE! 3 x calcium + EFA tablets per day? 28 Feb 2018 20:09 #11054

• fluffster
  • fluffster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi
Sorry if I'm asking the obvious? I'm researching this diet to see if I'm going to try it. I will order the workbook if I decide to go ahead. Looking at the diets in the left hand column - am supposed to take a calcium and EFA supplement with each meal? How long for? I'm not opposed to it in the short term but I can't imagine doing it forever?Or am I reading it wrong?
Thanks in advance

I'm going to answer this right here, so anyone looking at this will understand, the idea is to get a calcium source, not just a supplement. There is calcium in many foods, such as broccoli, spinach, non-dairy milks and fish. Look for a 300-500mg calcium tablet with vitamin D and even some magnesium to avoid becoming constipated. You DO NOT have to take 1,200mg of calcium tablets a day, as long as total calcium is approximately 1,000-1,200mg a day. I usually recommend taking 500mg calcium with vitamin D a day.

NEWBIE! 3 x calcium + EFA tablets per day? 28 Feb 2018 20:13 #11055

• fluffster
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
PS. Can you tell me approx how long it takes to ship to the UK ( if you know)
Thanks

Yes, shipping takes anywhere from 1 week to 10 days, however we now have a PDF workbook available that can be emailed to you right away with the order of the Best Results plan for $100 (2 60 min consults) with personalized support, or a 1 time consult of $65.

Please see RD Services link to sign-up. Consults are done via SKYPE.

NEWBIE! 3 x calcium + EFA tablets per day? 01 Mar 2018 09:32 #11057

• fluffster
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
ok I have reread carefully and realise:
that for each calcium i need:

Calcium source= 1 400-mg calcium + vitamin D tablet,
or 1 cup/225ml of non-dairy milk + D
or organic cow's milk + D= 300mg calcium & 120IU's of D (Please avoid all dairy if you are lactose intolerant)

therefore it would be helpful to buy a supplement that gives me 1400mg of calcium and 120IU's of vitamin D. That would be 1,200mg total, which includes foods. Chances are you'll only want to take 500 to 800mg of calcium supplementation. Consider taking 300mg of magnesium a day too. I hope that makes sense.

I can use dietary calcium instead of the supplement but I must take the vitamin D with each meal
Yes, that would be a good idea. You can take up to 2,000IU a day right now, until the sun is strong enough that you can make it in your skin.If you're in the UK, that might not be until May.

At each main meal I have to take/eat one of these:
1 flax seed oil capsule,
Or 1 Tbs. flax seed meal,
or 1 fish oil capsule,
or fatty fish from list Yes, but if you are thinking about becoming pregnant, consider fish 2 to 3 times a week (only). Shoot for low mercury fish such as sardines.

Can you please confirm this? Many thanks

NEWBIE! 3 x calcium + EFA tablets per day? 01 Mar 2018 12:21 #11058

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Hi Fluffster,

Thanks for your questions, please see my answers to you in blue. Let me know how you get along and please don't hesitate to post any other questions you might have.

All the best,

Debra

NEWBIE! 3 x calcium + EFA tablets per day? 01 Mar 2018 20:04 #11060

• fluffster
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks very much Debra for your speedy response

I have sign up for the best results package. Look forward to hearing from you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds