Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Been on cycle diet for 10 days- feel pretty awful!

Been on cycle diet for 10 days- feel pretty awful! 09 Mar 2018 20:22 #11065

• fluffster
  • fluffster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
So I have been following the cycle diet pretty closely now for 10 days. It’s been fairly easy as I have eaten a whole food diet for most of my adult life so not any startling new ways of eating or anything. Thing is I’ve been on a very moderate low carb diet for the last 20 months or so. Since day one of th this diet I have felt VERY bloated and the last few days have had horrible smelly gas. Oh-oh, it certainly sounds like you may be gluten intolerant if you've added wheat back in and then are experiencing bloating and gas. Now, it could also be dairy.

I’m not gluten intolerant as far as I know but I never knew how bloated I was until I gave up carbs( I was very strict on it for a few months then eased off. However my pms has been noticeably more awful since I started low carb. (Low carb can be devoid of some B vitamins and calcium/magnesium, if you are eating more meat than vegetables. I would have to see exactly what you're eating to determine the nutrient values/estimates. It also depends on how much alcohol or wine you're drinking. As you know alcohol is prohibited during the luteal phase.I hope you're keeping a food log so I can take a look at it. We also moved to a new country around that time and have had a lot of stress with children and finances. I’m trying this diet to see if it’s my food which is making me worse.
So ... my question for this next week is: is it necessary to eat carbs every meal (Yes, remember fruits and vegetables are carbohydrates. However, it's best to eat more colorful vegetables. Stay away from wheat, rye, barley and cross contaminated oats. It really does sound like you are gluten intolerant. Many of my clients are. Is it possible for you to be screened for celiac disease right now? I really like to have clients screened for celiac prior to removing all gluten from the diet. Even if you test negative, you can still be considered gluten sensitive. or do I just need to cut out then saturated fats, red meat, nitrates, alcohol Ect. Can I in the lutéal phase est a dairy free low carb (ish) diet and get the same benefits. Need to change something soon. Yes, you may do that. Did I send you the gluten-free diet menus by chance?
Feel
Like I’m going to pop! Or will my body get used to the carbs again do you think? If you are indeed celiac or gluten sensitive, you really need to remove them 100% (forever I'm afraid) in order to heal the gut as well as increase nutrient absorption.
Many many thanks

----> Here is a link to your private blog/food log area: cyclediet.com/forum/the-cycle-diet-blogs...uffy-s-food-log-blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Debra.

Been on cycle diet for 10 days- feel pretty awful! 10 Mar 2018 16:47 #11066

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 128
Hi Fluf,

I really need to take a look at exactly what you are eating. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I thought we set up a place for you to post in the Client section? I'm going to leave this post here, if you're okay with that, then I'm going to make more suggestions for you inside your new private thread in the client section. Please let me know what your daily food pattern looks like. I'd really like to see what you're eating that could be causing you such problems. See link up above in your original post.

Thanks!

Debra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you
Last edit: by Debra.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds