Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flax Seed Oil Pills Vs. Fish Oil Pills

Flax Seed Oil Pills Vs. Fish Oil Pills 10 Sep 2005 17:24 #3050

• Victoria5653
  • Victoria5653's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
[color=darkblue:9f2650e822][/color:9f2650e822][size=18:9f2650e822][/size:9f2650e822]Hi Debra,
While I was shopping for fish oil pills yesterday, I noticed that the flax seed oil pills are significantly less expensive. Are they just as good? Also, the flax seed oil pills are 1200 mg. instead of 1000 like the fish oil ones. Should I still take 3 per day (unless I am eating an oily fish)?

Flax Seed Oil Pills Vs. Fish Oil Pills 10 Sep 2005 22:51 #3051

• Victoria5653
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
What an Excellent Question Victoria, :D

Flaxseed is less expensive because it's grown in abundance, so it's cheap to produce. Whole flax shouldn't cost more that a couple dollars a pound.

If you think about it, fish is more expensive, so the oil would also be more expensive. Fish oil is currently going through more extensive lab testing for contaminats like mercury and PCBs.

Both are excellent, however fish oil is a better source of readily available DHA and EPA forms of Omega 3 while flaxseed has the plant form of omega 3- ALA which needs to be converted into EPA and DHA. As long as you're not a diabetic or short on the enzymes used to convert ALA into EPA and DHA you will be fine to purchase the flaxseed oil.

However, if you are experiencing more signs of depression, fish oil may show faster results in lifting depression.

Both are very beneficial for the heart and are the building blocks for stronger blood cells as well as other important cells.

You may also consider taking both, especially if you're not a fish eater.

Thanks again for the great question Victoria.

Flax Seed Oil Pills Vs. Fish Oil Pills 18 Nov 2005 17:26 #3052

• Victoria5653
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
It doesn't hurt to do both fish oil and flaxseed, they both have beneficial omega 3's. Fresh milled flaxseed contains high levels of ligands helping block excess estrogen as well as helping perimenopausal women receive relief from low estrogen level problems too.

Fish oil offers many benefits that flaxseed doesn't, so why not do a little of both.

2 Tbs flaxseed milled
2g fish oil, should be the correct dosage a day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds