Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Food List

Food List 30 Dec 2005 02:22 #3115

• Blue
  • Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I hope this isn't redundant, but I am new to the diet and I wanted to know if you have a list posted somewhere of recommended brands for grains/nut, proteins, soy, calcium sources and if you favor certain fruits and vegetables over others. Also do you recommend any multi-vitamin or EFA sources?

I have made some immediate changes to my diet, like using vanilla soy milk in my cereal. Changing my cereal from frosted mini wheats to cinnamin Life (oat). I eat raisins every morning, (fruit) I bought a daily vitamin. Centrum. I had recently started taking 1000mg primrose oil tablet before I started the cyclediet. I like to eat unsalted peanuts from the shell. I like yogurt, yoplait.

As you can guess I am not a cook, my lunch and dinner are mostly what I can grab. I have looked at the menus, but I wondered if there was a list of ready made options. Thanks, Dawn

Food List 30 Dec 2005 14:55 #3116

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Dawn,

Yes, there is a shopping list of recommended products which will be good for you since you're not a cook. Look for it in the client only section. There is also my favorite products that are very low in preservatives that will also fit into your needs.

Centrum is a good multi-vitamin brand, Evening primrose is OK, but please add a little ground flaxseed to your cereal in the morning. I don't think Life cereal has much fiber. Look at the Nutrition label and let me know. I don't usually buy Life, it's fairly high in sugar too and tell me what the first ingredient is on the ingredient list on the side of the box.

Many Cereal companies have jumped on the Whole grain band wagon but are not truly Whole grain. The first ingredient must be Whole wheat, or Whole oats, or Whole whatever they claim it to be for best results.

Also one last note: If you eat Total cereal do not take a multi vitamin on that day. You'll still need to take calcium plus a D3 cap.

Food List 30 Dec 2005 15:01 #3117

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you, believe it or not I feel a difference in my body already for the better. I can't explain yet. The tracking charts are wonderful.
Sincerely, Dawn

Food List 30 Dec 2005 15:09 #3118

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I'm so glad you like the charts, you may want to make an extra copy for yourself just so you don't run short, or if you do you can also print them off here.

I'm glad you're liking the diet plan and are feeling better already. What cycle day are you on?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds