Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How long on Cycle Diet?

How long on Cycle Diet? 15 Oct 2005 17:34 #3152

• ChantalLenee
  • ChantalLenee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
:?: Just wondering how long people have been on the cycle diet. You know how a diet is easiest in the beginning because you are excited and then you get bored and tired and lazy and busy. Or sometimes it's easy in the beginnning because you are positive and excited and then as reality continues you realize it's not worth the effort. I am waiting for my book and looking forward to starting (though have tried to start from the website) but I guess I am a bit skeptical. [b:ebd134cbf3] What's the longest anyone has done this and still doing it and how is it going?[/b:ebd134cbf3] Did the symptoms return?
Also, has anyone tried aromatherapy. I have and it is nice... but quite expensive. We are on a [i:ebd134cbf3]very, very [/i:ebd134cbf3]tight budget right now.
Thanks.
Chantal :mrgreen:

How long on Cycle Diet? 15 Oct 2005 18:46 #3153

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Chantal,

This is such a frequently asked question that I thought I'd just stick it up here for everyone to read

How can I put this so you stay positive and motivated......

For best results you should follow the "Original" or "Gluten-Free" Cycle Diet closely for at least 2 full cycles, depending on whether or not you've done the proper food sensitivity/intolerance testing, this is for best results. Most women experience symptom relief after their first full cycle following the plan, no kidding. If your symptoms are very severe or if you choose to make a few changes at a time, it may take up to 6 months to feel significantly better. But I promise you will see results if you stick with it.

I find a good dose of skepticism in most everyone that starts the plan, with most becoming surprisingly pleased once they get through their first cycle on the diet.

Please think of the Cycle Diet as nutrition therapy working towards a permanent lifestyle change. Once you've made some of these changes permanently you'll prevent the symptoms from coming back, especially if you have a food sensitivity. Your body will tell you if you've been off track with returned symptoms. This is why it is important to document your symptoms along with a food journal for the first two months or so. You will then be more aware of symptoms occurrence during the luteal phase as well discovering foods which may be problematic for you.

Everyone is different, your tolerance for certain foods may be lower than someone else's. Medical issues can also come into play. If you are diabetic or insulin resistant, eating 5-6 small meals and snacks become more important to keep blood sugar stable.

If you follow the plan as close as you can, with personal variations on preferences or allergies, intolerances etc. I promise you, you will see results.

Once women find out it's as simple as taking care of themselves, getting the right nutrition along with vitamins and minerals and making themselves a priority, you'll never go back to your old habits ever again. (well maybe never) You will learn that the time to slack off is in the follicular phase, but you shouldn't do this until after at least 2 full cycles on the plan.

It's entirely up to you how you choose to follow the plan. It's set up for best results. The more you deviate from the plan (drink alcohol during the luteal phase, or eat too much red meat) you will not see the same results as if you stayed close to the recommendations.

This is not a weight loss plan, so you should never be hungry. You will be making better choices in foods, which may take you a little time to get used to, but it will pay off for you.

I hope others will tell you about their experiences with the diet plan, but if you think in terms of long-term positive changes you'll be more successful.

I'm here to support you anyway that I can, and know you'll never be alone in your attempts for relief.

p.s. I've been on the Cycle Diet and lactose-free and mostly dairy-free for about 14 years. The only time I really deviated from the plan was when I went on the South Beach Diet, yes it's a low carb diet (high in dairy) in phase 1.....guess what, my symptoms came back after being on phase 1 for only two weeks!!! I had a feeling the bad moods and black clouds would come back, which is why I advise women who are susceptible to PMS to be careful on a low carb/ high dairy diet.

How long on Cycle Diet? 16 Oct 2005 11:58 #3154

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello, Well, Deb will tell you I was very skeptical as well. However, I have been on this diet for one full cycle and 3/4 of a second cycle. After my first cycle I knew I was going to go through another cycle. I saw some dramatic improvements, pain was less, pms was less, etc.
I"d encourage you to try it out. It's so tough at times when you just want to moooow down on the usual things, but as time goes by, I have gotten better, where I know, if I put that in my mouth, I won't feel good again. (Now, can you remind me of this when I need it? <chuckle>)
I also attend a yoga class on Monday nights. I think this helps to ease my mind too.
Nicole

How long on Cycle Diet? 25 Apr 2006 00:38 #3155

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi all.

Well, I've been on The Cycle Diet for 8 months now. I feel as though Debra turned my life around with her nutritional suggestions and her intuition with regard to my particular needs. Mind you, it turned out that I had an absorption problem and was, in a manner of speaking, malnourished. I also have hypersensitivity to a variety of foods and vitamins. My body responds instantly to what I put in it. I wasn't paying enough attention. Part of the process has been learning to be attentive. For instance, I didn't even fully understand that I had chronic diarrhea as part of the absorption problem. No easy case! But Debra was on it...

First, she suggested that I start taking a multivitamin (watch out for high levels of vitamin A for all you smokers out there - its a carcinogen with cigarette smoke. Who knew? Debra.), fish oil and CoQ10 (again because I smoke). Well, that seemed like a lot of pills but the effect was instant on my extreme fatigue.

Mind you, I came to find Debra in the midst of a crisis, at a low point, feeling like "things are so bad why go on?". The diet was restrictive too in my case. We suspected a sensitivity to gluten and rice. Debra suggested a diet free of gluten, saturated fats, processed foods, meats, and dairy. What's left?, I thought. Well, I was desperate so I gave it a try.

Its been a learning process. I didn't know that gluten was in everything I ate and it wasn't simply a question of cutting out wheat. I've just discovered that though I THOUGHT I'd cut out saturated fats, that I'm getting loads of it in the least obvious places. But, like I said, its a learning process. The greatest thing is that I have such consistent support here on the boards and in consultation with Debra.

I can't stress enough how important correct nutrition is! My periods have changed dramatically. My life has changed and I feel like I've changed. And, the diet was the least difficult part in all of it. In fact, it was something I had control over (for the most part) and that was the only place in my life I felt I had any control.

I've learned so much in the past 8 months that I think I deserve a graduate degree. But I still have so much work to do.

I hope I haven't scared anyone off. The beauty is that you judge how your body responds to the suggestions. The reward is health itself. This really works and I love what I eat, and better still, my body loves it too.

Alex

How long on Cycle Diet? 14 May 2007 12:38 #3156

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the wonderful post Alex. :)

You my friend are not what I would call a typical client. Your continued work to find the right answers has certainly paid off. Keep up the great attitude and keep learning, you've come such a long way and I know women will benefit from your journey to wellness on this support board and anywhere you choose to go.

How long on Cycle Diet? 10 Jun 2009 13:51 #3157

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
revised original post to include additional information regarding food sensitivity and intolerance testing.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds