Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hidden MSG?

Hidden MSG? 17 Oct 2005 19:47 #3171

• Karey
  • Karey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Debra,
I really think you're dead-on about the MSG. I've been reading labels and staying away from it during my follicular phase and I feel great-no more irritable and cranky days :D My concern is, would MSG be labeled mono-sodium glutamate only or are there other names for it. I'm worried I'm going to eat it and then not know what food it was in. I am recording the things I eat to be on the safe side. Thank you once again for making my life happy :D

Hidden MSG? 17 Oct 2005 20:15 #3170

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Karey

I need to research some of the newer sodium and glutamate additives. They keep developing new and improved taste enhancers. Actually they just discovered that the tongue has specific taste buds for MSG, which is why they put it in bland things (especially look for it in soups, soup mixes and salad dressings)

You will definately know when you are sensitive, your hands will start to swell, as well as your feet. Your eyeballs also feel like they are protruding somewhat. Glutamate is well known to cause neurotransmitter disturbances in sensitive people.

I'll check some of the new sodium additive and see what I can come up with for you.

Hidden MSG? 17 Oct 2005 23:50 #3172

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Karey,

[b:19040ac641]A couple other types of sodium that may also cause sensitivity as MSG[/b:19040ac641]

-Disodium guanylate
-Disodium insosinate

[b:19040ac641]also may want to avoid:[/b:19040ac641]
Autolyzed yeast (can contain MSG)
Sodium Caseinate
Soy Sauce
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds