Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: anovulatory cycle

anovulatory cycle 19 Oct 2005 23:18 #3185

• happy4dolphins
  • happy4dolphins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
How does the diet play into an anovulatory cycle?
Nicole

anovulatory cycle 20 Oct 2005 01:31 #3186

• happy4dolphins
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Nicole,

I want to make sure I understand your question, if you are not experiencing a period, (amenorrhea) the best thing is to seek medical help for the reason, there are many reasons women don't have a period, or a very long time between cycles.

If you are saying you are not ovulating then one clue could be a little shorter cycle by 2 to 3 days.

Anovulation means you are not ovulating, which means you go into a short luteal phase and do not produce a follicular or corpus luteum which produces progesterone. This can cause perimenopausal symptoms and estrogen dominance.

Now, to answer you question, it really doesn't effect the diet plan, the luteal phase plan will benefit anovulatory, unless of course you suffer from Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)

What you may want to do is to keep track of the length of each cycle and look for a pattern. You can also purchase ovulation predictor kits (LH) and look for the surge which would indicate ovulation as well as taking a basal temperature and looking for the small increase in temp.

I will always suggest if you think you have a medical problem you should talk with your OBGYN or family physician.

anovulatory cycle 20 Oct 2005 16:26 #3187

• happy4dolphins
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I did go to the family physican today, due to much vaginal irritation and burning sensations. She said nothing showed up on the microscope, but gave me a one time antibiotic, saying that sometimes, yeast doesn't alway show up. What ever I got, I GOT IT!
I've had very little to no vaginal mucus this whole cycle time. SO, based on the way I"ve been feeling and seeing such a decreast in mucus, I'm guessing again to be anovulatory. I have a history of this.
She is also going to follow up with more blood tests for Rheumotoid Arthritis and Lupus. My RA factor had increased since the last time I had blood drawn.

Nicole

anovulatory cycle 20 Oct 2005 17:00 #3188

• happy4dolphins
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Excellent :D
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds