Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are frozen fruits and Vegetabl as nutritious as fresh?

Are frozen fruits and Vegetabl as nutritious as fresh? 10 Nov 2005 17:09 #3199

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
[b:1ea9e99393]Are frozen fruits and Vegetables as nutritious as fresh fruit? Does the freezing process diminish their benefits?[/b:1ea9e99393]

[b:1ea9e99393]Answer:[/b:1ea9e99393]
Frozen fruit and vegetables are just as nutritious as fresh fruit. Manufacturer process fruit at the peak of ripeness to ensure proper taste and nutrition. However, you should always read the label because there can be some differences. For example, you may be consuming less fiber if the fruit is frozen without the skin. Frozen fruit may contain added sugars if packed in syrup, as i often the case with strawberries.

Both fresh fruit and frozen fruit have pluses and minuses. fresh fruit is a good choice because you can purchase a wide variety of seasonal selections and try new tastes and flavors as the seasons change. Fresh fruit is at its most nutritious when picked at its peak of freshness. Bruised, dented, and wilted fruit may have a loss of nutrients. Purchase and consume fresh fruit that is not past its prime. Fresh fruit-such as bananas, berries, and peaches, often last only a few days.

Frozen fruit may be more convenient if your schedule doesn't permit frequent trips to the grocery store.

Are frozen fruits and Vegetabl as nutritious as fresh? 26 Jan 2006 01:32 #3200

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is really good to know since I'm a slave to frozen right now.

Are frozen fruits and Vegetabl as nutritious as fresh? 26 Jan 2006 01:55 #3201

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Jen, I havent figured out how to use frozen fruits yet, except for smoothies. Any ideas?

~Lynn
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds