Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally, The Sun Is Strong Enough

Finally, The Sun Is Strong Enough 14 Apr 2006 13:47 #3225

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
[b:6e3c654a27]Ahhhhh--Hello Spring,[/b:6e3c654a27]

For those of you living in mid-latitudes or between 37-50 degrees you can start celebrating outdoors, you're now able to produce vitamin D safely in your skin from the sun. As long as you're getting outdoors during high sun you may only need 15-30 minutes a day for best results. Those with very dark pigment may consider 30-40 minutes and be sure to cut back in July-August.

For those of you who don't have a clue or a globe to look it up, think about where these cities are and draw a band across the country. New York, Grand Rapids MI, Cleavland OH, Chicago, Ill, Minneapolis, Kansas City MO, Omaha NE, St. Louis Mo, Fargo ND, Denver CO, Portland OR, San Francisco CA, Seattle WA.

For those in Canada, you need to wait a couple more weeks if you're above Calgary, Alberta at 51 degrees. However, you can still benefit from the sun's UV, it just takes longer.

For more information regarding vitamin D, go to the PMS/PMDD research forum board on this site. Dr Michael Hokick's controversial book [b:6e3c654a27][i:6e3c654a27]The UV Advantage[/i:6e3c654a27][/b:6e3c654a27] is now out in paperback, I highly recommend it, especially for women who don't see the sun much during the day due to work.

Finally, The Sun Is Strong Enough 20 Apr 2006 15:37 #3226

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm loving spring too :D :D :D

Finally, The Sun Is Strong Enough 08 May 2006 19:26 #3227

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah Spring!

I'm planting an organic vegetable garden this year is anyone else? My diet has changed so much in the past few months that I decided to dig up my backyard. I forgot how wonderful the smell of the earth can be.

Here's what I'm growing:

tomatoes
basil
green beans
zucchini
lettuce
cucumbers

And lots of flowers.

I know I'm making lots of vitamin D this year, I'm spending at least an hour or two a day outside with walking and gardening.

A quick question for any gardeners out there, how much room do I need for cucumbers, (I put in two plants) Can I grown them on a pole like green beans?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds