Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coffee/Tea and Caffeine

Coffee/Tea and Caffeine 13 Dec 2005 14:32 #3231

• jan
  • jan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
To the advisors - do you recommend that coffee and tea be eliminated from your diet when suffering from pmt/pmdd or is it OK to have it?
I try to have no more than 3 cups of coffee per day - one in the morning, one at lunch time and one about 4 pm?

Coffee/Tea and Caffeine 13 Dec 2005 20:08 #3232

• jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Jan,

Try to keep it to 2 cups of coffee (weak to medium strength) a day and 1 cup of weak tea on top of that. You could also do 3 cups of weak tea or try doing decaf.

I don't really have a problem with low amounts of caffeine, but if you're using it to stay alert you could be putting a strain on your adrenal system and need to really give it a break by cutting down.

I don't ever recommend going cold turkey off caffeine. Do it gradually.

Coffee/Tea and Caffeine 14 Dec 2005 06:34 #3233

• jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Dnn't really use coffee to keep alert more because I enjoy it but I do know 3 cups is about my max as after that I can feel it - get sort of jittery but just wondered if it affected or made worse pms/pmdd symptoms.

Coffee/Tea and Caffeine 14 Dec 2005 13:28 #3234

• jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Jan,

It can have a negative affect on those who are caffeine sensitive (increase anxiety in PMS). Those who get jittery or nervous from it should cut down. Sleep can be affect, blood pressure can increase, so may not be good if you already have high blood pressure.

Avoid it or cut down if this is your situation.

Coffee/Tea and Caffeine 14 Dec 2005 14:59 #3235

• jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I did cut it out a about three weeks ago and kept off it for a couple of weeks (had taken homeopathic remedy so can't drink coffee) and must admit did feel better for not having it and not sure if it was just my imagination but I am sure my skin improved !!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds