Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: vitamin D3

vitamin D3 01 Jan 2006 05:49 #3258

• Blue
  • Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am so confused. I have found soy, flaxseed, multi but can't find Vitamin D3. There are so many different varieties, the same for Magnesium and calcium supplements. Can you recommend a specific name/type mg. and brand for each? You can privately e-mail if you don't want to post.

I also got some probiotics, acidophilus, but when do you recommend those should be taken?

One more thing, does the flaxseed turn urine bright green? Or do you think it is all of the changes?

Thanks,
Dawn

vitamin D3 01 Jan 2006 14:17 #3259

• Blue
  • Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dawn,

Bight Green urine?
:shock:
That's pretty unusual :lol: . No flaxseed does not change your urine color to green, however the mulit vitamin should increase the yellow in your urine. Sometimes asparagus can change urine to greenish hues with a unusual odor. Have you eaten anything with green food coloring?

I don't mind recommending a D3 brand. You can find D3 in a tablet form at Target and a gel cap form at Vitamin World. I believe the gel cap may be better absorbed. If you don't have any of these stores in your area, order on-line at www.vitaminworld.com Your calcium tablet should also have about 200 IU's D for every 400-600mg's. If you take 1 calcium tablet with 200 IU's with two 400 IU gel caps or tablets of D3, you will get 1,000 IU's. Also read lables of some of the foods you're eating. There's also around 100 IU's of D2 in soy milk, cow's milk. Samon and Halibut are also good sources of Dietary D, so if you're eating salmon of Halibut you can for go 1 gel cap.

Right now during the winter I'm recommending a total of 800-1000 IU's of vitamin D a day. Unless you head further south for a winter vacation where the sun is strong enough to make D in your skin. Encinitas is right on the line of sun strength. If you can spend some extra time outside on sunny days you may be able to make it naturally. The pre-hormone vitamin D made in the skin is not active, so you can build stores without worrying about it.

I hope I didn't cause you more confusion.

To answer your questions:

-Calcium carbonate (least expensive) or citrate is fine
-Any kind of Magnesium is fine (you don't have to take unless you want, but keep it under 250mg's/day or may cause diarrhea, and don't take with calcium, they do compete for absorption in the intestine)
-Take Acidophiles anytime in the day that's convenient
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds