Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: healing - scars and scabs

healing - scars and scabs 13 Jan 2006 16:53 #3260

• Bast
  • Bast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Debra,

Since I started taking the Vitamin D I've noticed my skin doesn't heal the same way it used to.

First, a cat scratch has left bright white scars on my arms - my cat used to scratch me all the time but it never scarred before.

Secondly, I scraped my knee on the 1st and it is not a deep wound, its about the size of a nickle, but it won't heal. It seems mildly infected - has a white gook formed on it that is skin but in such an odd texture, wet and pus-like.

Third, I cut my thumb - again a mild thing little larger than a paper cut - and it took a long time to close up and has left a visible white scar and the tissue around it is bright pink.

Could the healing aspect be diet or D related? Ever heard of such a thing?

Thanks for your input.
Alex

healing - scars and scabs 13 Jan 2006 19:44 #3261

• Bast
  • Bast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Alex,

I don't think the vitamin D would slow down the healing process at all, in fact should be helping. The healing process is helped by vitamin C, which helps in the manufacture of colligen in the skin. Protein helps with the healing process, you may want to increase your chicken and fish consumption a bit. If I recall you're avoiding citrus, a good source of C, but you can get C in fruits and green leafy vegetables as well.

Are you still taking a daily multi?

I hate saying this over and over, but my home computer access should be fixed today so that I can e-mail you with your food analysis. We were supposed to have gotten a new piece of equipment yesterday but Quest mistakenly cancelled our order. I'm extremely disappointed with Quest at this moment.

However, on the positive side I'm meeting some very nice people at my local library. There are wonderful resources here that I forget are available for free.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds